Drunk Call

Sitting alone at the bar, Mingyu stared at the droplet of water in his empty glass. Once again, he drank a lot tonight. Maybe he should sober up first before leaving. Mingyu seemed to forget the reason why he was here. Was he waiting for someone?

Suddenly, a girl sat beside him as she flashed her dazzling smile. But Mingyu remained unfazed. The girl ordered a drink as she gathered the courage to start the conversation.

"I've been watching you for a while. And seems like you're alone. I really hope that we can get to know each other. If you're okay, can I have your number?" the girl placed her phone on the counter.

Mingyu stared at the phone before he let out a silent sigh.

"I'm sorry but I have a boyfriend." he replied politely.

"Oh, then why are you here alone?" the girl asked.

Mingyu sat there in silence as he thought of the reason.

"We fought." he answered after a while.

Yes, a fight. That's the reason why he's here. Mingyu was here so that both of them could cool down.

"And he's not the type to go out late." Mingyu added.

"Can I know why you two fight?" the girl asked again.

The man tried to remember why they fought but nothing came to his mind. Maybe because he was too drunk to think.

"I don't know." Mingyu rubbed his temple.

The girl folded her arms as he looked at Mingyu.

"Then, what are you doing here? Go home and apologize to him. He must be worried. Go home and look at him in the eyes and say you're sorry." she stated.

Mingyu remained silent. Was it the right thing to do? Apologize. He felt like it was not that easy.

"Things will work out between you two. You should be honest with your feelings." she continued.

The man got hit with a realization. Things would work out if he's being honest. Wonwoo would forgive him if he's sincere. Mingyu then stood up and he looked at the girl.

"Thank you." he said and left.

Mingyu thought the talk helped but he was still drunk. He felt like he was walking aimlessly. But he felt like he knew where he was going. Because his heart was leading the way. Without he realized, Mingyu was standing in front of Wonwoo's apartment. His heart brought him to where he wanted to be.

He looked at the dark apartment. Seemed like Wonwoo probably was asleep already. But what if? Mingyu took out his phone and dialed the latter's numbers. Let's give it a shot. Just once. If he didn't pick up, Mingyu gave up. Suddenly, against all odds, he answered.

"Hi Wonu hyung~ did you sleep already?" Mingyu asked but no reply.

"I didn't mean to disturb you. Just want to say that I... miss you." Mingyu felt like a sting in his heart.

"Someone said I should apologize if we got into a fight. So Wonu hyung... I'm sorry."

There was still silence on the other side and it was killing Mingyu. Wonwoo must be really angry at him that he remained silent the whole time.

"Oh, I realized that I didn't save your number. Which is weird. Why I didn't save the number of someone very special to me? But don't worry, I memorize your number."

"You know... we always spend the night like this together on the rooftop. Looking at the stars, wine in hands. You always go for the red one. Because it makes you feel classy. And because of that, I unconsciously prefer red just like you." Mingyu smiled to himself.