Chapter 8 - Jackson

"So where do you want to go?" I ask Elena. I stifle a laugh watching her look around the car, almost in a daze. I doubt she's ever ridden in such a nice car.

"I don't care, wherever you want, I guess."

"Okay, strip club it is," I say, picking up speed down the freeway.

"What!?" Elena, gasps, her head jerking towards me.

"I'm just kidding. Geez. At least you're out of your daze. I think you've got some drool on your chin," I chuckle. This is going to be a fun day.

"I do not. And I wasn't at all in a daze."

I can't help but smile at that. "Sure you weren't."

--

About 20 minutes later I pull into a building that Elena probably least expected. The roller skating rink.

"Jaaaack!" Elena whines. "Why here!? I've never roller skated in my life, and I'm not about to try."

Exactly, I think to myself. My whole point in bringing her on this 'field trip' is to get her to try new things. Her depressed and dark state is not going to get better if she stays cooped up in her comfort zone.

"Well, I guess I'll just have to carry you in then," I say, running around to the other side of the car, then throwing her over my shoulder. If stubborn is the way she's going to be today, I guess she'll have to take the consequences that come with stubbornness.

"Put me down Jack! Oh my god! If you don't put me down right now, I'll, I'll-"

"You'll what?" I ask.

"ARGH! JACK I WILL KILL YOU."

"Fine," I say, putting her down beside me. "But just so you know, if you did kill me, you'd spend the rest of your life in jail, or you just might get the death penalty, and have to spend the rest of your days in heaven with me."

Elena just glares daggers at me. If looks could kill, boy, I would have been a goner a while back.

She looked beautiful. She was wearing her hair in a long braid down her back, straight and tight, the lose strands curling at the edges. If I could stare at her forever, I would. But I can't, she would stare back. And those eyes. Seeming so beautiful and innocent. It makes me consider ACTUALLY staying with her forever.

I will make this promise to myself; I will never leave Elena's side for as long as forever.

Her laughs broke the silence.

Wait a second... Elena... laughing? Uh oh. What did I do now...

"Jackson! What the heck is that look?" Elena pointed. She handed me her phone. She had taken a picture when I had been spaced out without me noticing. I was staring into the distance, but I had this crazy look in my eye. I burst out laughing. At this, Elena caught herself, and stopped.

"I look like a maniac!" I say, trying to get her to laugh again. She doesn't, but she smiles.

"You are always a maniac." Elena smirked. The way she made sarcastic jokes just made me crave to send more time with her.

What are you doing to me Elena?

I could have swore Elena smiled at me.

"You spoke out loud again." Elena stated and walked into the rink.

"I must learn not to, or you will forever hear my thoughts about you."

"Your thoughts are not about me." She blushed, clearly flustered.

"Yes they are. You are all I think about." And it was true.

"They shouldn't be. I'm just Elena. Plain, and dark, and mysterious." At that she turned to face the other direction, but I grabbed her slender wrist and faced her to me.

"Why would you say that?" I ask.

Elena looks at her feet, frowning. "Let's go," she says, slipping out of my grip, and walking into the building.

At least she is in the building.

--

(A/N)

Hey guys! Sorry for the short chapter, but it sounded like a good, funny place to stop.

Hope you are enjoying the story! If you are, please share! Thank you for all the support.

WE ARE AT 112 VIEWS OMG!!!

Thank you so much for reading the book. Your support was made us very grateful.

Comment, Vote, Share

Thanks Guys.

-HC