Chapter 13

The library hummed with the soft rustle of pages and the occasional tap of keys as students delved into their studies.

It's been four days, and I haven't stopped thinking about Nate's confession, and my 'feelings' for him. 

Like I said before, his confession was a breath of fresh air, I know where I stand or would stand if I started anything with him.

I sit at my usual spot, and my eyes fixed on my laptop screen. I continue tapping on my keyboard rounding up on my due coursework.

With a sense of relief and accomplishment, I clicked the "Submit" button, marking the end of hours spent pouring over research and writing.

Leaning back in my chair, I let out a quiet sigh and glanced around the library, taking in the familiar sights and sounds.

Now that my coursework's over, maybe it's time to take a step forward, to explore what could be with Nate.

Pulling out my phone, I take a deep breath to steady my nerves.

'Hey Nate, does the offer still stand? xX'

I typed out the message, my thumb hovering over the send button for a moment before I mustered the courage to tap it.

I pack up my things and head out of the library trying to distract myself from staring anxiously at my phone.

Just then, I feel my phone beep from my back pocket, and I grab it instantly.

I smile at his response; it's filled with warmth easing the nerves that had settled in my stomach.

You made me a very anxious guy !! I'll pick you up at 7? :) - Nate

Maybe I'm making the right decision.

******

Jen's left for the week, something about visiting her grandparents in Seoul for their wedding anniversary. So, I've got the room to myself not that I'll do anything fun.

I text our group chat.

Going on the date with Nate :) xLily

And seconds later my phone buzzes with replies from the girls.

Yay !! You've got this, have fun !!Kam

Finally, I thought you would never go ... hehe Jen

Their words make me laugh as I toss my things onto the bed and head for a shower to begin getting ready.

As the water cascades down, I let my mind wander, picturing how the evening might unfold. Each droplet feels like it's washing away any lingering doubts, leaving behind only excitement and anticipation.

With a contented sigh, I step out of the shower and wrap myself in a plush towel. The steamy bathroom air feels comforting as I begin to prepare for the date.

After careful thought, I decided to wear a pair of dark wash high-waisted skinny jeans that fit my curves perfectly. For my top, I chose a cream bralette that tastefully displayed a hint of cleavage, leaving a bit to the imagination.

As I start to style my hair and apply a touch of makeup, I can't help but smile at the thought of spending time with Nate. The nervous energy that had gripped me earlier has now transformed into a sense of eager anticipation.

The familiar ringtone echoes through the room, and I quickly grab my phone from the nearby chair—it's Nate calling.

"Hey Lil, I'm downstairs," he says, his tone carrying a hint of nervousness.