Chapter 26: Preparations (+Special Omake)

Start from the beginning

hm
it better be a good nickname
ryujin is still salty that u only
named her "ryujin-nooma"
come visit JYP again, ok?
ill introduce u to SKZ.

realllyy?!!?!
yay
ur the best noona!
saranghae
[cat heart sticker]

yeji is typing....

Although, Sei had always wondered why she never replied after that.

-

--

As the hustle and bustle of rehearsals gradually subsided one evening, Sei found himself enjoying a quiet dinner with Taeyeon, who had kindly extended an invitation. Together, they ventured to a hidden restaurant near SNSD's dorm, tucked away from the bustling city streets.

Seated across from each other, they savored delicious food while engaging in heartfelt conversation. Against the backdrop of soft lighting and cozy ambiance, Sei and Taeyeon shared stories, laughter, and moments of genuine connection.

"Thanks for inviting me out to eat, noona." Sei told her gratefully, staring into her eyes. "This week has been hectic."

A tinge of pink made it's onto her face, turning around and coughing to hide it. "Don't mention it. What are you busy preparing for? Your last comeback was just recent after all."

"Ah, performance at MAMA." Sei told in her a low whisper. "Don't tell anyone, it's supposed to be a surprise."

Taeyeon giggled at his sillyness, finding it cute. "Being an idol is definitely hard, how do you find it? The environment must be different compared to football."

Sei let out a deep sigh from her question. "It is, making sure to watch every move just so that we don't slip up, and having to act prim and proper all the time can get annoying, in football, I used to flip off haters whenever, here I just have to smile and take it head on."

An amused smile made it's way onto Taeyeon's face. "Such are the woes of an idol, I'd say. You'll get used to it, I just hope it doesn't affect you negatively."

"Don't worry, noona." He told her with a confident smile. "It jist serves as fuel to do better. Besides, our fans are there supporting us as well. I'm happy that we can put a smile on their faces whenever we perform."

"Mhm, although, be careful when you enter a relationship," She told him. "It... gets messy."

At this, a look of understanding made it's way onto Sei's face as he remembered what had happened when it was announced that she was dating Baekhyun from EXO. He placed a hand on her, rubbing it to ease her worries.

"Ah, I'm fine on that department." He told her with a smile, that smile that sent her heart into overdrive. "I've never been in one, don't think it'll come anytime soon."

"A-ah, yes..." She replied dumbly, taking in the information.

Don't be stupid, Taeyeon. You can't, you'll only ruin his career...

But...

"It's getting late, noona." He spoke out, breakng her out of her reverie. "Let's head home."

She gave a shy nod and stood up along with him, leaving their payment on the table. The cool night breeze greeting them as they stepped out of the restaurant.

"I'll head this way and call a cab, my manager is probably tired with all the back and forth today." He told her with a smile.

"Are you sure, I can-"