13. Insatiable obsession

-Dil ki zidd ho tum,
Warna inn aankhon ne bohot chehre dekhe hain

Faris was sitting in his office as he had just got done with an investor meeting. He had been so dissolved in his work that he hardly remembered to eat and sleep. He was going through a few files when Zayd's arrival shattered the stillness of the room.

Zayd had a worried but excited expression on his face.

"Kya hua, Zayd?" Faris demanded, his voice edged with urgency.

(What happened Zayd)

"Boss, we've received a tip about Alam Khan's whereabouts," Zayd replied, his eyes alight with determination.

Faris's heart quickened at the mention of Alam Khan, the man who had orchestrated his father's murder. He had been searching for him for years. Without hesitation, he rose from his seat, his mind already racing ahead to the next move.

"Get the cars ready. We're going after him," Faris commanded, his tone brooking no argument.

Within minutes, Faris and his men were en route to the abandoned house where Alam Khan was rumored to be hiding. The tension in the air was palpable as they approached their destination, each man steeling himself for the confrontation that lay ahead.

But as they swept through the empty corridors of the decrepit building, their hopes were dashed by the absence of their quarry. Faris's frustration boiled over, his anger a tempest that threatened to consume them all.

"Kaise ho sakta hai yeh?" Faris bellowed, his voice echoing through the empty halls. "Wo yaha se bhaag gaya aur tum log kya kar rahe the!"

(How can this happen? He ran away and what were you people doing)

Zayd moved to calm him, his voice steady despite the chaos unfolding around them. "Boss, aap fikar nahi kare. Hum use dhund lenge. Aap ghar jaake araam karo."

(Boss don't worry we'll find him. You go home and rest)

"Kaise aram kar sakta hu mai Zayd? Saalon se dhund raha hu uss shaks ko, har bar lagta hai ab pakad lunga par wo bhaag jata hai, mujhe wo kisi bi halat me chaiye samajh jao tum log aur kaam pe lago", Faris bellowed.

(How can I rest Zayd? I've been looking for him for years, everytime I feel I'll catch him he gets away, I want him under any circumstances , understand this and get to work)

Faris's fists clenched at his sides, his mind awash with a torrent of emotions. But in Zayd's reassuring presence, he found a glimmer of solace amidst the storm.

As they made their way back to the city, Faris's thoughts turned to the elusive figure who had eluded him once again. Alam Khan may have slipped through his grasp for now, but Faris vowed that their next encounter would be their last.

Kareem Malik, his father did not have a heart attack, he was poisoned. Faris came to know all of this after a year of his father's death. Alam Khan had threatened a servant of Malik family to do his dirty work.

The day Faris came to know all of this, he was boiling with rage. He also felt guilty that he couldn't protect his father in his own house.

He searched relentlessly for Alam Khan but it was as if he had disappeared off the face of earth.
But this only strengthened his resolve. Faris was hungry for revenge.

He did not tell his mother about the poisoning. He let her believe that it was a cardiac arrest because she wouldn't be able to handle the truth and she was already struggling a lot with her mental health.

Faris's mind churned with restless thoughts as he returned to the solitude of his penthouse. He walked in his bedroom and decided to take a shower.

As the hot water cascaded down his body, he closed his eyes allowing himself to relax. His muscles relaxed and his thoughts became clearer.