Chapter Three: Tian Shuo (PART II)

Crown Prince Yi immediately facing his father, put his hands together to form the greeting, proposed to his royal father, allowing him to investigate Tian Guo and his remnants, and captured all of them to be put to judgement.

However, the right wing faction disagreed with Crown Prince Yi's proposal. Including the left faction.

General Wan speaks up for the right wing faction, "Crown Prince Yi keeps dive himself into someone else's job while his was still has so many tasks to handle. Your Highness should stay in his place and do his job."

"General Wan is right." Another minister agreed. "Beside, the crown princess has not been selected yet because of Your Highness busy schedule."

Crown Prince Yi breathed in anger, his turned his head to his right side, "Is it the most important thing right now? Our country is in danger because of Tian Shuo and you all still pressed on over the marriage issue? Where are you guys with your sane mind?!" Crown Prince Yi's voice rose simultaneously with his anger and causing the minister and officers protesting over his openness.

"ENOUGH." Emperor Wen sighed heavily after watching the chaos in the court. Head Eunuch Cao worried about Emperor Wen and asked the emperor to stay calm. Emperor Wen nodded slightly toward Head Eunuch Cao, giving him a wave with his hand to his companion.

Everyone went silent. Even Crown Prince Yi turned to the front, but lowered his eyes to not locked eyes with his royal father.

Emperor Wen turned to Minister of Affairs, Minister Chen, who remained calm in the entire court since the beginning. He was always like even before he was appointed to that seat after Minister Yue stepped down. "Minister Chen, what are your thoughts regarding this matter?"

Minister Chen stayed where he was but his eyes sharply looked at the ministers and the princes. Then he opened his mouth to speak his mind. "Crown prince future marriage should be worried about, however," Minister Chen took a glimpse over the crown prince, and smirked, "our country is having a critical situation about our staple food. Therefore, Your Majesty should allow Crown Prince Yi to investigate the matters deeply alongside the High Court to end the issue immediately."

Ministers at left wing faction shocked by Minister Chen's resolution although they somehow agreed with him. Even the right wing faction agrees with the minister.

Crown Prince Yi looked over the old minister not far from his right side. The old minister was still in his prime with his grim face like a carved mask.

Emperor Wen pursed his lips, nodding to Minister Chen's answer. "Then," Emperor Wen slaps his throne softly, ready with his decision. "I will allow Crown Prince Yi to lead the investigation of the issue with staple food and if the issue connects with Tian Guo's scheme, I grant you permission to catch him and his remnants and bring them to justice."

"Thank you, Your Majesty." Crown Prince Yi bowed his head towards the emperor, while the ministers behind him whispered and murmured but he never cared about them, as long as he received the permission to catch Tian Shuo.

The meeting ended where everyone agreed to Emperor Wen's final decision and everyone including Crown Prince Yi exited the court.

The rays of sunshine hit the crown prince upon him stepped out the court alongside with the others. His eyes squinted over the menacing view, wondering how long was their meeting in the court until the sun already risen on top of the sky. However, the cold wind breeze freely In the vast palace, although they were already welcoming spring but the trace of winter was not clearly gone.

In the meantime, the ministers and officers walked past him and did not bother to greet him including Yuan Sheng, which he responded with a light cough, irritating one. The ministers and the officers made a clear decision, no connection with the helpless prince who fought the crown prince title with his older brother through a series of sabotaging and defaming.