Chapter Seven : Worst of All

The road to Fengzhi forest was never so challenging like this for Crown Prince Yi. Under the warm sunshine and windy breeze, his heart beating faster and his body was burning with the desire to end the Emperor Li's remnants as soon as possible.

They followed the plan they made yesterday where he would go to Fengzhi Forest and meet their spies while the fifth prince and Fei Ming participated in the prayer ceremony, taking charge in everything until his arrival two days later.

He really hoped everything went smoothly or else he and his subordinates were really in great trouble.

They took the final stop at Chongde City. They went to one of the inn in the city to change their royal garment to commoner clothes. Crown Prince Yi and his company, General Wu met with one of the spies he placed in Tian Shuo's camp at the restaurant below the inn he stayed.

....

Guo Lang waited calmly for the crown prince at the private chamber in the back of the performing stage. The story-teller was telling the story about the love story of General Huo and the Fourth Lady of Cheng Family and the customers shouted happily and gave money wanting the story-teller to continue his story. Guo Lang smiled with satisfaction, the situation was good for a serious meeting he would have later with the guests.

He ordered a few delicious delicacies but he knew they wouldn't touch the food. He sat comfortably in his seat but immediately got on his feet when Crown Prince Yi and his guard entered the chamber.

"Happy to have you here, My lord." Guo Lang bowed down.

"Me too." Crown Prince Yi and General Wu settled down at their preferred seats while Guo Lang also returned to his own place.

"How was your livestock?" Crown Prince Yi asked while the man in front of him poured the wine to his and General Wu's cups. Guo Lang looked up at the crown prince with a smile.

He put the bottle of wine in the middle of the rectangular table, "Quite challenging, My lord. My older brother told me that the livestock might not stay longer in this place."

Crown Prince Yi frowned. He took a sip of the wine, "Do you have an idea where they will go next?"

Guo Lang shook his head. Seriousness had eaten his whole face, "However, My lord. Seems that they are trying to communicate with Jiaolong."

Crown Prince Yi gazed at the spy straight into his eyes. "Why do they want to do that?"

"I still have no idea, My lord."

"Didn't they want to go to dragons and the mountain?" General Wu interfered. He also taken aback by the sudden news. They were not prepared for that.

"It was the original plan however, their leader added the latest plan." Guo Lang explained.

"Their leader?" General Wu raised his eyebrows at the spy after took a mouthful of the wine. "The snake you mean?"

"No." Guo Lang faced the general, "that one is the planner, but he needs to get permission from the leader."

Crown Prince Yi and General Wu looked at each other. They did not know who was the person they had to deal with. The snake was already the pain in the neck to them, and now there was another one who would be the biggest threat.

"Is he under your watch too? Have you seen him before?" Crown Prince Yi asked after getting the whole picture.

Guo Lang shook his head for a second time, now he placed his right arm on the table, leaning towards, whispering something to the crown prince and the general. "The meeting is always conducted outside of the camp. Once it held at the capital. If that person came to the camp, he only appeared during night time, we could not see his face because he was always wearing a mask."