Chapter 10.

Omo my drafts don finish😂

SAADATU'S POV.

KANO, NIGERIA.

I have never seen a wedding being planned so quickly, not that there was anything much to plan really. My family has never been a fan of big weddings or anything of that sort, the most one gets is a walimah event where they invite one uztaz and you will have to sit through an hour of two in the presence of guests listening to his wa'azi and pretend you understand everything when in reality you cannot wait for it to be over.

I did not even get that. Not that I wanted it. I made it clear to Anty that I want no events of any sort. I did not want it before, and I certainly do not need it when I am getting married under such circumstances. The last thing I want is to sit in front of people I do not even know well and pretend to about to be happily married when I am not.

So, I was freed of those events, thankfully—heavy on the word 'thankfully'. I have always told myself that if I am getting married, I will only invite a handful of friends and have a small bridal shower of some closest friends and nothing more. By the looks of it, I am not even getting that. Can't say I am saddened by the fact though really.

I wish I can pretty much avoid everything else like I can do away with the wedding events, because there is this predicament I am in at this very moment that I cannot help but wish for a miracle to take me away from facing it.

"Walida," Anty's voice came as she stepped into the room, making me look up from where I am, seated on my bed and just aimlessly scrolling through my phone when my mind is far from here really.

"Na'am, Anty?" I blinked, then looked up to meet her gaze.

She sports a wide smile on her face as she strolled further into the room, coming to stand by the edge of the bed where I am. "They are here." She declared, the excitement in her tone hard to miss.

"Who is here?" I asked, genuinely curious. I was not expecting anyone.

"Your husband's family and your soon to be in-laws, of course," She responded, enthusiastically. "Tashi ki chanja into one of those new laces of yours, then go and see him. Do not keep them waiting."

"Keep who? Them? Husband?" I wanted to say Husband for where? To be honest. But, I held myself back before I get a nasty glare sent my way as a warning for my sharp mouth. But, can you really blame me?

I was not expecting any guests any time soon, especially not my so called soon to be in-laws? A'ah. Haka akeyi? Ko notice? Abi it is just my parents that did not want to tell me until now? Nashiga uku ni Sa'adatu.

Anty narrowed her eyes at me in a scolding manner, "Ban son shashanci. Get up and change dan Allah. Hurry up, we do not want to keep them waiting."

I found myself chuckling, but it was not in a mocking or amusing way. Rather, in a is this for real way? Well, I was more than certain it is all real when I found myself dressed in one of the many laces Anty had miraculously sewn for me in just what? Six days since I agreed to the marriage? How did she even manage to get sewn laces in six days? Don't tell me she has been planning this behind my back for long.

I was even forced to wear a big veil and put up a smile before she basically urged me out of the room, with her following tow as if I would run away. And believe me, it sounds like a much better idea really.

On our way to the living room, we were met midway by the sight of the maids taking refreshments in there, and walking behind them with a tray in her hand is someone I wished did not come all the way here as well.