Fig Cookie x Reader

C/N Cookie walked through the woods, ever-watchful eyes scanning the trees. They lived in a small hut nearby, and were some sort of protector to the wild here. Y'know, looking out for hunters, taking care of plants, the normal stuff. They've even spent so much time with the animals here they could already understand what they were saying. 

And that's while they're here right now. A little bluebird told them there was some unique creature wandering the forest lately. And C/N Cookie was looking for that creature now, just trying to make sure they aren't a threat of course. Not really knowing where to go, they decided to just let their instincts lead them...

....

Until stopping to stand by a tree as they heard a voice nearby. Taking a breath in, C/N Cookie got out their bow and readied and arrow. They slowly turned to peek behind the tree, but not quite believing what they're seeing. A Cookie, but only halfly... A faun? C/N Cookie had heard of these creatures from tales the animals tend to tell, but hadn't believed them to be true.

They lowered their bow, not quite sure what to do next. The faun seemed to be talking to a chocolate squirrel as of now. Ah, Hazel. Suddenly the squirrel turned its head to C/N Cookie's direction, making a few squeaks.'Snitch.' And with that, the faun turned their head as well and immediatly jumped over to C/N Cookie, who didn't do anything but stare.

"Hi hi! How're ya? I'm Fig Cookie!" Accent laced Fig Cookie's friendly voice. C/N Cookie was baffled at how quickly they had jumped to an introduction. No hostility whatsoever? That's weird... "What's ya name, friend?" Slowly but surely, the H/C-ette decided to just go along and talk. "Uh... C/N Cookie." 

"S'ry fo' intruding ya for'st like this, I usu'lly have my own, but wan'ed to see this one!" The accent was really strong, but C/N Cookie somehow understood everything anyway. They nodded, feeling as if Fig Cookie really won't be a threat. Let's be honest, what damage could a faun with a face this amicable do? "It's really no trouble." And besides, fauns are often a symbol of protection to nature. If Fig Cookie had their own forest too, and was its protector, that's something they had in common with C/N Cookie then.

"Why don' ya show me 'round? T'is lil' fella here told me all 'bout ya and ya for'st." Fig Cookie motioned to the choco squirrel, which now jumped to sit on their arm. 'Seriously, Hazel?' The E/C eyed Cookie deadpanned in their thoughts while shooting the squirrel a blank glare. Hazel just cackled quietly. Seems like someone's wanted to annoy C/N Cookie for giving Scotchy more food the other day. 

Tch, choco squirrels. Always jealous of one another. But, C/N Cookie decided to push that away for now as long as Fig Cookie's here.  "Well then, I suppose I could." C/N Cookie smiled as they started walking ahead, motioning for Fig Cookie to follow along. "Yip yip! Off we go!" Fig Cookie cheered, eager to learn about different woods from their own as they trod next to the H/C-ette.