𝟎𝟎𝟖: 𝙂𝙐𝙄𝙇𝙏 𝘼𝙉𝘿 𝙎𝙄𝙉

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

Bright yellow cones of light blinded the girl with the brown eyes. The smell of alcohol and sweat burned in der nostrils as she took her lips off the microphone and looked at the crowd, that stared quietly back at her, almost admiringly. She found herself searching for him among the strange faces, but she couldn't find him. It was as if he had vanished from the face of the earth, she thought that night.

Her fingers trembled as she put her guitar aside and moved her face back to the microphone:
"Thank you, everyone, but we have to call it a night." She watched as the crowd immediately began to boo, their glasses raised high as they voiced their disapproval.

"Just one more song!" one of them shouted, though Alice could only make out her curly blonde hair in the cones of light. Alice smiled as she pushed herself up from her chair - it was that typical, artificial Alice smile.
"It's getting late. I promise I'll be back soon." Her fingertips ran down the tight, jet-black dress that stopped just below her bare thighs. Once again, her eyes wandered over the crowd, over all the strange faces, trying to find his somewhere amidst the chaos. But he remained missing.

She swallowed hard, clearly overwhelmed by the situation.
"Come on, sweets." She watched as an old, chubby man made his way through the crowd to the stage. "Just relax." He held out a small, sealed bottle - moonshine, she guessed - as his pale blue eyes began to sparkle with excitement. She laughed, loudly and heartily, even though she didn't feel like it. Then she crossed the small stage with a single step and knelt before him.
"Keep it to yourself, Bill. You're carrying something very special with you." She pushed the red bottle back to the man, who wiped the sweat from his forehead and swayed as a deep, raspy laugh escaped his lips.

"You're right, Sweets. They ain't selling this any more than I could actually afford it."
"They sure ain't," she mimicked the older man half-heartedly as she pushed herself to her feet and grabbed her guitar, ready to leave the stage for good. She froze, however, when a familiar voice rang loudly through the room.
"Calm down, lad! We shouldn't deprive a woman of her sleep," he shouted as he staggered uneasily onto the stage. His blue eyes remained focused on the crowd with a wry grin - every one of them knew his name - until he finally reached Alicent and wrapped an arm around her hips.

"Look at you," he murmured as he pressed his face against hers, forcing the smell of alcohol deeper into her nose. Suddenly she felt sick.
"Graham," she groaned in frustration as she braced her hands against his chest and tried to gently push him away from her. However, his hands continued to linger on her waist, pulling her hungrily back against him.

"You look beautiful," he whispered in her ear, but Alice only heard the alcohol dripping from his wet lips. His blue eyes drifted to the dress - the dress she had worn just for him. There was a twitch at the corners of his mouth before his lips parted again. But before he could say anything, Alicent pushed him away and disappeared from the stage.