𝟎𝟎𝟓: 𝙂𝙍𝙊𝙐𝙉𝘿𝙀𝙍𝙎

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

Alice's eyes widened as her gaze fixed on the blue-eyed boy holding a girl over the flickering flames of the campfire with a crooked smile. She screamed in terror, struggling to wriggle out of his grasp as he pushed her face closer and closer to the fire.

"Bellamy, check it out! We want the Ark to think that the ground is killing us, right? Figure it'll look better if we suffer a little bit first." Alicent could have sworn she saw the smile on the stranger's lips widen into a mischievous grin as Wells suddenly lunged at the boy and pushed him roughly to the ground. Alice froze. She struggled to form a thought, to realize what she should do. Instead, her mind went blank.

"You can stop this," Wells groaned breathlessly as his brown eyes locked on Bellamy Blake's. The self-proclaimed leader smirked with amusement.
"Stop this?" he asked as his coffee brown eyes paused for a moment at the sight of Alice. "I'm just getting started." The brunette felt her hands tremble, her breath hitch, even her heart skip a beat as her eyes darted back and forth between the two boys in panic.

Go, she thought. They had to go before the situation escalated.

She took a step forward, one hand long outstretched toward her friend, before a quick, fleeting movement froze her in place. Suddenly, the blue-eyed boy moved into her field of vision and punched Wells in the jaw so quickly that he staggered back a few steps in surprise. Blood dripped from his nose or from his mouth. Alice couldn't tell. She stepped forward, her hands reaching out for the stranger, who straddled Wells and threw numerous punches while her friend on the ground desperately tried to shield himself from the attack with his bare arms.

Her fingertips brushed the stranger's jacket before someone unexpectedly grabbed her arm and yanked her back, away from her friend, who remained almost defenceless beneath his attacker. She jerked her head around to look directly into the two coffee-brown eyes of Bellamy Blake, who was only inches away from her. This time, however, something had changed in her eyes, he realized. He recognized the anger, the fire that threatened to ignite.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" the angry one snapped, not realizing how much closer she was getting to him. "Don't you see you can't control this? Tell him to stop!" She stared him straight in the eyes, her eyebrows raised expectantly while her lips remained tightly pressed together. For a moment, Alice thought, it seemed as if Bellamy Blake was trying to form a thought and weigh up his decisions at the same time. He parted his lips, but by then her attention had long returned to Wells, who had pushed the stranger to the ground and now had the upper hand. Like the blue-eyed boy only a moment before, Wells was now sitting on his torso, brutally delivering blow after blow as if he was in danger of losing control of himself.

"Wells!" The boy froze as the familiar sound of his friend's voice rang in his ears. He blinked several times in confusion as he looked over his shoulder at the girl's stunned face. She looked at him as if she couldn't recognize him at that moment. Wells wasn't aggressive, he wasn't even brutal. This, Alice thought, was not Wells.