01 | 𝑽𝒐𝒘 𝒐𝒇 𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒈𝒆

Seven months ago

Ilyas Sakir stood in front of his family, looking at each one of them, waiting to hear what they would say. For a time, no one spoke.

"What is all of this about, nephew?" His aunt, Zühal, was the one to break the silence. "Why have you asked for a family council?"

Ilyas looked at his uncle, Salih's words ringing in his head. "When Mother brought me and Zeyno here, do you remember what you told me, Uncle Salih?"

"I told you many things, nephew."

Ilyas nodded. "You did, Uncle. But what did you tell me on the night I tried to run?"

Realisation shone into Salih's eyes. "No-"

"Yes," Ilyas interrupted him. "The time has come."

A smile appeared on Salih's face, and the older man nodded.

"Is that so, nephew?" Zühal asked. "After all these long years?"

Ilyas nodded. "Yes, aunt. The time has come."

Their living room wasn't the place to discuss that, but they had no other. Their family's house had been taken from them, their inheritance stolen by murderers. They hadn't had much even before that, but it had been theirs.

Ilyas still remembered the house that had been bigger than the one they lived in now, inherited from generation to generation. The beautiful garden his mother tended to, where Ilyas and his sister used to run freely. Even more, he remembered the man who used to be in that house. His father.

"How, nephew?" Salih asked.

Ilyas took a seat on one of the armchairs, looking at his uncle. "I have not forgotten, and I will never have." He moved his gaze on each member of his family as he spoke. "I know you have blamed me for what I've done these last five years. I know what questions you have wanted to ask."

Do you have no pride left? Did you forget about your father so quickly? What kind of man are you to work for one of your father's killers?

If those questions had been asked, Ilyas would have provided an answer.

For the last five years, he had worked for Doğan Terzioğlu, earning his trust. Quickly, Ilyas became one of his most trusted men. Doğan hadn't even suspected. He had forgotten all about the man he had killed and his family. And now, the time to strike had come.

"Doğan trusts me now. And I will use that trust against him."

"And after that?" Aunt Zühal asked. "What comes next?"

Ilyas moved his gaze on his aunt. "Doğan will be the first. And, then, our eyes will move to Istanbul."

To Kazım. To the head of the organisation.

Ilyas leaned forward. "I will not rest until Doğan and Kazım are in their graves. I will not rest until my father is avenged."

"And if you die, nephew?" Salih asked.

"If I fail, you will not." Ilyas turned to his uncle. "That's what you told me. And that's what I say now. If I fail, then someone else will not."

His uncle, his cousins, his aunt, or even his sister. As long as it was someone from their family, Ilyas knew his father would be avenged.

His phone started ringing, and Ilyas took it out of his pocket. He smiled when he saw who was calling. Doğan. He showed it to his family.

"Tonight, Doğan dies."