XXXV

Chapter 35: Black Panther
Karina's perspective: ⚕

As we clashed with our assailants, I found myself struggling to keep up, my movements clumsy and uncoordinated. But Danielle was there, fighting by my side, her presence a reassuring anchor in the chaos. Haerin was a whirlwind of motion, dispatching attackers with precision and skill, while Minji seemed to possess an otherworldly strength, effortlessly fending off anyone who dared to challenge her.

But despite our best efforts, the sheer number of adversaries threatened to overwhelm us. "There's too many!" Hanni's panicked voice cut through the din of battle, sending a chill down my spine.

In the midst of the chaos, a sudden blow from behind sent Hanni crashing to the ground. "Hanni!" My cry was raw with fear and desperation, echoing through the night.

Time seemed to slow as Hanni lay motionless on the forest floor, her breaths coming in ragged gasps. For a moment, the world held its breath, every eye fixed on her prone form.

Then, with a shudder, Hanni began to convulse, her body contorting in unnatural ways. My heart pounded in my chest as I watched in horror, unable to tear my eyes away from the scene unfolding before me.

And then, with a guttural growl that seemed to reverberate through the very air itself, Hanni's transformation began. Her limbs twisted and elongated, sinewy muscles rippling beneath her skin as she grew larger and more powerful.

In the blink of an eye, she stood before us, no longer the fragile girl we had known but a majestic beast, her sleek fur glistening in the moonlight. Her eyes, once warm brown, now burned with an electric green fire, sending shivers down my spine.

I gasped in astonishment, unable to comprehend the sight before me. Hanni had transformed into a magnificent panther, her form exuding power and grace in equal measure.

Breathing heavily, the panther regarded us with a mixture of curiosity and determination, her gaze sweeping over our group with a newfound intensity. In that moment, she was more than just our friend; she was a force of nature, a guardian watching over us in our darkest hour.

As the guards approached, their footsteps growing louder with each passing moment, panic threatened to consume me. Hanni's transformation into a panther, coupled with Winter's disappearance, left me feeling utterly helpless, a sinking feeling of despair gnawing at my insides.

But just as I resigned myself to my fate, a warning cry pierced through the chaos. "Watch out!" The words snapped me out of my daze, adrenaline coursing through my veins as I reacted instinctively.

In a split second, I found myself catching an outstretched arm with surprising speed, my senses heightened by the urgency of the situation. With a swift motion, I delivered a well-aimed kick to the assailant's knee, sending him crashing to the ground in a heap.

Before I could fully comprehend what had just transpired, a bolt of lilac energy streaked past me, striking the fallen guard with pinpoint accuracy. Haerin's timely intervention left me feeling a surge of relief, dispelling the overwhelming sense of dread that had threatened to engulf me.

In the heart of the wilderness, Hanni emerged like a force of nature, akin to a predatory panther unleashed from its confines. Her presence was formidable, a relentless onslaught upon all who dared to cross her path. Despite the overwhelming odds against us, we refused to yield, standing resolute in defiance of the impending danger.

With each strike and parry, the intensity of the conflict escalated, the chaos of battle engulfing us in its tumultuous embrace. Yet, fueled by an indomitable spirit, we held fast, a cohesive unit against the encroaching menace.