All of these emotions flooded through me in the span of just five minutes. I didn't know I could feel such intense anger, such overwhelming helplessness all at once. I couldn't bring myself to cry, couldn't bear to meet anyone's eyes. Karina, the epitome of perfection, the loyal servant of Crestwood Heights, had betrayed us all. Was this my punishment for placing my trust in Winter Kim, believing that she would always be by my side? It felt like a cruel joke, as if the universe had conspired against me to teach me a harsh lesson about the fragility of trust and the pain of betrayal.

As the reality of the situation sunk in, I felt a deep sense of loss and emptiness consume me. Winter's absence left a gaping hole in my heart, a void that no amount of tears could fill. I couldn't comprehend how someone I had trusted so completely could vanish from my life in an instant, leaving behind nothing but shattered dreams and broken promises.

It felt like a force tearing me from my thoughts. Minji's hand landed on my shoulder, and though her lips moved, I couldn't make out her words. All I could discern were the urgent commands: "Move" and "fast." Another hand gripped my wrist, yanking me away from the West Wing.

As we hurried through the corridors, I stumbled along, my mind a whirlwind of confusion and grief. Minji's grip tightened on my shoulder, offering silent support as we raced toward... wherever we were headed. The world outside the windows blurred as we moved, and all I could think about was Winter. Where was she? What had happened to her?

Suddenly, I jolted as if waking from a dream. We had teleported into Hyein and Danielle's room, the familiar sight offering a brief moment of solace amidst the chaos. Minji shook Hyein awake, urgency in her voice as she delivered the grim news about Winter. Hyein quickly roused herself from sleep, her movements swift as she donned her school uniform.

With a sense of urgency hanging heavy in the air, we dashed out of the room, meeting up with Yunjin and Danielle along the way. Their eyes held a mixture of concern and apprehension as they looked at me, but I couldn't bring myself to focus on their expressions. Instead, I concentrated on the simple act of breathing, trying to steady myself amidst the turmoil.

As the realization sank in, that I was zoning out every now and then, becoming less alert. Weaker.

Then I tune in when I see Hyein's expression shifted from confusion to shock. "What do you mean they took her?" she exclaimed, her voice rising with disbelief.

Minji placed a comforting hand on Hyein's shoulder. "Winter's been taken by the authorities. They're testing everyone, including her," Minji explained gently.

Hyein's eyes widened in horror. "But why? She's done nothing wrong," she protested, her voice trembling with emotion.

"We don't know all the details yet," Yunjin admitted, her voice steady despite the tension in the air. "But it seems like they're targeting vampires and their mates for some reason."

Hyein's brows furrowed with concern. "What are we going to do?" she asked, her voice wavering slightly.

Minji took a deep breath, trying to steady her nerves. "We need to figure out a plan," she said, her tone resolute. "We can't just sit around and wait for them to come for us next."

After what seems like forever, Hanni's voice pierced the air with an alarming revelation for the first time. "Guys, someone's coming," she announced, her tone edged with urgency. They all exchanged puzzled glances, scanning the seemingly empty corridor.

Minji shook her head in disbelief. "There's no one there, Hanni," she insisted, but Hanni's persistence was unwavering. With furrowed brows, she pressed her fingers to her temple, as if tuning into some unseen frequency. "No, I hear... footsteps, lots of them," she declared, her voice tinged with concern.