Redstone Mistakes

Maroon woke up to the sound of loud typing, blocks being placed, and the sound of redstone. Great, Yellow was working on a brand new machine. Maroon didn't mind Yellow coding or him showing it off, but him building a machine was the worst part of his nerdiness.

Well that's just dandy, as if Beast's sewing machine isn't loud enough already. Maroon thought while getting out of his bed. And this early, what's wrong with him?

Maroon went downstairs and avoided the few blueprints on the floor, only Green was downstairs at the moment with his headphones on. Probably because of loudly Yellow was working, though Maroon could bare it for a while.

He grabbed a snack and went outside of the house, sitting down on the computer's floor, watching Yellow work as if it were a movie.

Y: " I've just got to add a few more rails and the prototype should be finished, but where is the question? Ugh, I wish there was a tutorial for this. "

Yellow added a bit of redstone and a few powered rails on top of the blocks, afterwards he flipped a lever that activated the machine.

Finally, the good part. Maroon assumed.

When the machine powered on, it lit up for a moment and then the whole thing exploded, sending Maroon and Yellow flying back.

" Agh!.. What the? " Maroon groaned as he sat up, looking at the crater that the explosion left.

In a seconds time Green ran outside, hearing and possibly feeling the explosion. Right after him came the color gang.

Yellow brushed redstone dust off of himself, though it kind of looked like blood.

Y: " Damnit, I knew I should've put a repeater there. "

" Yellow! What happened, are you okay? " Blue frantically ran up to Yellow, obviously worried about the whole explosion thing.

Y: " Gee, Blue, you don't have to be so worried, I'm fine. "

B: " But you could not be! What if you got hurt or worse? "

" And that didn't happen, everything is okay, nobody got hurt. The only bad thing that happened was my machine exploding. " Yellow assured Blue, filling the crater with his staff soon after.

G: " Just try not to make it happen again, okay? It made me lose my combo. "

S: " Now is not the time for jokes Green. "

G: " I'm not joking! "

*While Green and Second bickered with each other, everyone went back inside the house, and after wards the two of them did as well, but Maroon stayed outside.

M: " Um... Do you want some help with that, Yellow? "

Y: " Aren't you going to go inside with the others? "

M: " Nah, I was actually watching you the whole time. "

Y: " You... Actually you would... Wait, do you even know how redstone works? Or how to use it? "

M: " No, do I have to? "

Y: " Well of course you do, it's complicated. "

M: " Your code is complicated but I understand it. "

Y: " *sigh* Fine, you can give it a try, but I lead, got that? "

M: " Yeah yeah, of course the nerdiest will lead. "

Y: " If you don't want this to explode again than shut up. "

" Maybe I want it to explode... " Maroon murmured under his breath.

Y: " What was that? "

M: " Nothing! "

Yellow taught Maroon the basics to redstone and what he was building, it was complicated that's for sure. The two of them built a pretty accurate structure out of wool to build the machine off of, and soon enough they were about half way finished. It looked kind of bare and boring, like you ripped the skin off of a robot or something. Maroon recommended decorating it a bit, but Yellow refused to do so until it was finished, so he dealt with how it looked and kept building it until they finished it.

M: " Alright, so are we ready to flip the lever? "

Y: " Indeed so, it should work this time. "

M: " Then do it already! "

Y: " I am, I am. " Yellow flipped the lever, and after a quick flash that blinded the two of them for a moment, it worked! Everything was in the right place and it was working! Yellow chuckled to himself, while Maroon just stared at it.

M: " So uh... What is this for again? "

Y: " Well quite a while ago we all had a building battle in Minecraft, and Green made this sort of sentient robot. The redstone used to make it has puzzled me for years, but now, I can finally get revenge! Just wait until he see's it, the look on his face will be hilarious. "

M: " That defiantly doesn't sound threatening... "

" GREEN GET YOUR BUTT OUT HERE! " Yellow yelled, and as he demanded Green came out.

G: " Ugh, Yellow what do you wa- what the? " He stared at robot, it looked just like the one he built way back when.

G: " Did you bring that thing back to life or something..? "

Y: " No idiot, I- I mean- we made it! "

G: " Okay..? "

Y: " Okay? That's all? Aren't you impressed, surprised, amazed, anything!? "

G: " Yellow we did that whole thing years ago, there are newer and better things to be focusing on right now, such as the fact that you haven't slept in days. "

Y: " SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK! "

G: " Mhm... Anyways, uh.. Cool, I guess, I'm going back inside now.. "

Y: " W-Wait I-... *sigh*, of course it didn't work, why did I even think to do this of course it was just going to be embarrassing.. "

M: " Hey, I mean look on the bright side. We spent some time together instead of being separated all day, I learned some more about redstone, and best of all this thing didn't explode like the last one! "

Y: " I guess you're right, but still, it didn't work for the reason I wanted it to.. "

M: " Well what do we do with it now? This sale is sold anyways. "

Y: " Hmm.. "

Later that night Yellow an Maroon dragged everyone outside, all of them sitting down, and looking at the robot. Yellow used his staff from far away to activate a part of the robot, making it explode into fire work explosions. There was nothing to celebrate, though it did feel nice to 'celebrate' all of them just being together.

M: " You know Yellow, I think we did get a success out of this fail. "

Y: " And that would be? "

M: " We learned from our mistakes, or whatever, I don't know. "

The 8 of them all watched the fireworks explode in front of them, and I'm sure Alan had fun hearing that all at 1 AM as well.

Words: 1136

Another chapter done :D

Yes, I did only make this chapter to make character development, but the next chapter will be more about CC and Bray

Anyways, see you in the next chapter, and keep it glowing.