Chapter 7: One Step Forward, Four Steps Back

Previously...

Hanni: "3!"

Hanni: "2!"

She looks at you desperately, a plea that you follow your word and win.

Hanni: "1!"

Hanni: "GO!"

You and Minjun both pull away from the starting line, although in second gear, your cars had the same speed. After the shift to third, the Skyline had pulled away leaving you behind. The crowd in the background started to whisper amongst themselves.

???: "It's going to be a massacre, isn't it."

???: "I feel so bad for Hanni..."

???: "A Skyline losing to a trashy AE86? No way!"

Meanwhile, Chaewon's pacing around while the other members watch her.

Chaewon: "Why would Yunjin go with him? He's obviously going to crash, there's no way he can drive properly with his hand taped."

Eunchae: "I'm sure Oppa's got this, he wouldn't do something stupid for no reason."

Chaewon: "I think he is this stupid. Fuck this."

Sakura: "Language!"

Chaewon: "Girls, let's follow after them!"

They follow their leader's command and hop into Chaewon's car. She had a blue Sileighty, it bore an eerie resemblance to Mako's Sileighty. Chaewon speeds off the chase you to make sure you stay safe.

'Damn, that car's fast.'

Minjun had pulled considerably far ahead, and was already past the first corner. You sigh to yourself.

'Nothing new I suppose.'

Yunjin is fiddling on her phone, trying to find a song. Until a certain song plays into the silence...

She finally looks up from her phone as you approach the corner.

Yunjin: "H-hey, shouldn't you slow down here. YAH! HAVE YOU EVER DRIVEN BEFORE!"

You side-eye her, before braking. You steer as little as possible, keeping your speed up as you four-wheel drift through it. Yunjin was screaming her heart out, and only when you came out of the corner did she stop.

Yunjin: "H-how'd you do that?'

You kept silent as you focused on driving, but you could feel her stare boring into you. As you drift through the next three corners, your drifts get better and better. Then on the fourth corner you finally catch up to Minjun.

You could tell that, while Minjun seemed in control, his car showed otherwise. His car was a little wobbly and it seemed that anything could tip the balance. Pulling into the next corner, you were tailgating him. You followed his line, both of you guys braking and performing a tandem drift. Yunjin had been done screaming by now, and seemed more shocked that you could drift this well. With a duct taped hand no less.

Yunjin: "Y/N, where did you learn how to do this?"

Y/N: "A tofu shop."

Yunjin: "Huh?"

Y/N: "Yunjin!"

She deadpans at your horrible joke and was about to say something, but headlights had appeared in your rearview mirror. You look up and see a blue Sileighty following you.