S2-Ep. 5.13 (R) - Someone Get the Clown Car!

Start from the beginning

A slightly larger blue ball of energy forms inside his palms, and when it reaches the size of a grapefruit, Cameron blows it in an icy stream over the safe's lock.

He gives it a minute, then reaches out to open the safe.

But when he presses down on the handle, nothing happens.

Bewildered, he taps his cheek and thinks.

If ice didn't work, then maybe he should try fire?

The temperatures he can generate rarely work on metal, but it's worth a shot.

Cameron leans forward and cups his hands together, but this time reciting a different spell.

Soon a bright orange ball of energy forms inside his palms, and when he blows on it, flames shoot out, blasting the safe's lock so hard the metal begins to turn red.

He gives it a second, then reaches out to try and turn the handle. But he pulls his hand back immediately, his fingers stinging from the glowing hot alloy.

That's odd, he thinks as he sucks the tip of his fingers in order to soothe the burn.

Usually he can withstand the heat of whatever he lights up, but this time flame combined with metal is probably asking too much.

Cameron wraps his hand in the tail of his dress shirt, reaches out, and tries to open the safe again. But the handle still won't budge.

Frustrated, he sits back, crosses his arms, and quietly swears in Latin.

"Not looking so good, huh?" Sebastian inquires as he looms over Cameron's head. And while one could interpret his comment as antagonistic, it actually comes from a place of inquisitiveness rather than anxiety.

Regardless, Cameron hrumphs, annoyed.

Sebastian turns to Jake and, in all innocence, says, "I think we've hit the limit as far as elemental magic."

Cameron glares up at Sebastian, then he stands, leans forward, and pokes a finger in Sebastian's face. "You know what? If you think you can do better with your fangs, and your Vampyr speed, and your..." Mockingly, he wiggles his hands on the sides of his face. "...'heightened senses', then please! Go ahead!" He raises his arm with a flourish and takes a step back. "Be my guest!"

"Aww... C'mon, Cam," Sebastian implores. "All I'm saying is that—"

Jake cuts him off. Hands up, he inserts himself in between the two boys before their bickering turns to blows.

Jake looks at Cameron and asks, "What if you alternate your powers? You can, you know, blast the safe with fire first, then hit it with ice afterwards?"

It's actually a good suggestion; but unfortunately, neither Cameron nor Sebastian is listening.

"Look, Cameron," Sebastian continues, determined to say his piece. "All I'm saying is that your ice trick was great and all, and it got the door open, which is super. But clearly it's not gonna work on the safe."

"My ice trick!" Cameron's voice rises as he props his fists on his hips.

Sebastian holds his hands up in defense. "Okay, okay. Sorry! That was poor phrasing."

Jake clears his throat and repeats himself. "What if Cameron alternates, the fire and ice?" He says to both of them. "Maybe it will weaken the metal?"

"Screw this!" Cameron growls, ignoring Jake completely. "If you think my magic is so useless, Sebastian, then why don't you open the frickin' safe on your own! Clearly, you don't need me!"