"let her go" He said carelessly,

"Ranvijay! it is not Roy bungalow which she is used to.
It is Mahal, which is locked don't know for how many years!
Even though you made it cleaned we are still not used to it, it is dark at upstairs, she didn't even took a lamp or candle with her" Roopali expressed her concern.

He understood his mom is hurt as she never address him as Ranvijay.

" but I didn't mean to..." he try to justify himself, but " enough Ranvijay!" She said sternly,

" this is just because of Piyali, maa is angry on me, let her come down I will make sure she pay for this" he gritted in anger.

" Sakshi can't you just go and see where this Rajveer got stuck!" She yelled and Sakshi left to look on her brother.

" he always belittle me! I'm getting vexed now, he and his rude behavior. Huh,
Don't even I have the right to speak!" Piyali thought climbing the stairs angrily.

She reached up and peeped here and there, darkness welcomed her,
she took steps towards the direction from where the sound is coming,
It's getting more darker now.

" I should've at least brought a candle with me" she thought and took small steps biting her nails to ease her building up fear.

She heard a squeal and turned
" huh", she Gasped.
It's a rat but she doesn't see it, only she can see is the curtains which are flying by the wind, she walked while trying to concentrate on the tune, she is following it.

" which section had I reached"

She didn't understood where she is present, " had I committed a mistake by coming here?" as she walked to some more distance, she can hear the tune far away, indicating she reached the wrong direction in the darkness.
" ugh! I ended up in wrong direction" she groaned in irritation.
But soon she heard a thunder, and jerked in fear, in addition to it rat quickly passed on her feet.
Before a shriek escape her mouth, she closed it and ran from there don't even knowing to where she is heading.

" it been a while she went upstairs, also what's taking this long for Sakshi to fetch Rajveer" Roopali sound irritated.

" do I commit a mistake provoking her!
Wait, why I'm thinking like this for her.
I just taunted her and she took it seriously and went, it is her foolishness, not my mistake" Ranvijay dismissed his thoughts.

Roopali is getting worried, like adding fuel to fire, to irritate her telephone began to ring.
" oh God, who is it" she whinned and lifted the receiver.

" Hello.. " She said,
" aah, Roopa I just reached Roy bungalow and I coming to Mahal tomorrow.
Accha, listen how's everyone doing..." Nilanjan speak,

" don't you got any other time to call, what's the need to call in the midnight" she chided him and end the call in irritation.

" what's wrong with her" Nilanjan puzzled.

Ranvijay suppressed his laughter hearing all that.
" I think I have to check myself on them " she said and walked out, but she find Rajveer and others coming fully drenched in rain.

Before she can scold them, Rajveer speak " Hasmukh left for having drinks with his friend, I brought him from there"

Hasmukh gave an apologetic look to her, but his face changed to horror when he heard the piano tune, " it started already" he gulped down.

" go upstairs immediately, Piyali went there, but she didn't returned yet" Roopali worried.
" what!" Rajveer screamed, " why even she went there" he said running towards the steps.

Hasmukh didn't moved, " you also go with him" Roopali ordered, Sakshi handed him a lantern.
With no other option left, he followed Rajveer.

Piyali stopped running and breathed heavily.
Another lighting came and she saw her surroundings, in that light she find different portraits staring at her.
" where have I ended! " she exhaled.

" Piyali!" She heard someone calling her.
She felt relieved finally someone came for her.
She started running towards that side, but in hurry she collided with something and yelped in pain holding her knee.
But she suddenly felt something on her shoulder and shrieked very loudly.

Silent readers don't hesitate to vote, it cost nothing right..💁‍♀️

Let me know your feed back about this chapter,
Don't forget to vote, comment and share with fellow wattpadians 😎

It's me Bubbly rosy Signing off for now 🌹🤗