CHAPTER 90! cherry was completely in love with everything percy was

Start from the beginning

cherry and sally began excitedly planning all of the shopping they'd do for the baby.

percy could imagine the stacks of bills that would be spent, and all of the bags full of baby clothes he'd have to carry.

there was some crying, but eventually, everybody got settled back into their pages.

"i'm really glad you're happy," sally said.

"of course i'm happy." percy couldn't seem to stop smiling.

"do you know when the baby is gonna.. be alive?" cherry didn't know how to word her question.

"the due date is march fifteenth," sally laughed.

"so this means i'll be here when the baby comes. that's awesome. i'll have a few months before.." percy's smile finally faded.

"hey," sally said, "you will be here for the delivery. and you can come home from california as often as you want. but you also need to stick to your plans. they are excellent plans!"

"yeah, of course," percy said.

"besides," sally said with a mischievous smile, "we're going to need your bedroom for the baby."

for the rest of dinner, cherry kept her hand in percy's.

she knew a tiny, tiny part of him was upset.

his family was moving towards a new chapter in life, and percy was thrilled for them. but he wouldn't be there to see it.

he felt like he was growing up.

and it was terrifying.

at the end of the night, percy walked cherry out to the street in front of the apartment, and stood waiting with her.

"you're nervous." cherry pointed out, turning to her boyfriend.

"you can tell?" percy almost frowned.

"you're my boyfriend. i can always tell."

"i just wish i'd be here for all of it, that's all."

"you're growing up, perce. nobody is expecting you stay here forever. you couldn't, anyways. your family is your family no matter what. no matter how far you move."

"how often have you thought about this?"

"like, everyday of my life."

"you wanted to grow old with me that bad?"

"can't grow old. but we'll grow up. together. that's what matters, right?"

"you're right. i have all the time in the world to see this kid."

"of course you do."

"thanks, strawberry."

cherry grinned.

she leaned in and pressed a soft kiss to her boyfriends lips, and percy felt the most normal he'd been that entire school year.

« ───── « ʚɞ » ───── »

cherry appeared right in front of percy's face.

he glanced at the clock, after rubbing his eyes.

it was four in the morning.

percy sat up, wanting to shrink into his sheets as his girlfriend studied him. he probably looked stupid.

cherry was trying not to fan girl over her boyfriend too hard and make a complete fool of herself.

"are you santa claus?" percy asked.