Chapter 189: Awakening?

Start from the beginning

'Do not fret, my Descendants; all is under my control. Stay and observe his awakening.' Said the woman's voice softly, her words entering the mind of every Royal Elf present, and if Elif were here, he would recognize that voice.

That voice was one I'd only heard once before, and it was on the day of my inauguration as I ascended to the throne alongside Maria, both of us officially becoming rulers of the Empire. The ascension ceremony consists of several traditions and things we must do, but the last step is vital. The last step, while important, is also the simplest; all you must do is enter the ancestral land where the ancestors reside and have Progenitor Lourdes place the crown atop your head while officially announcing you Emperor and Empress of the Empire.

'That voice, it was the exact same as hers: Progenitor Lourdes.' Thought Marcus in astonishment with widened eyes as he felt the power surrounding his body vanish.

"F-Father, tha-" Asked Maria in disbelief, though she couldn't even finish speaking.

"Yes, that was her: Progenitor Lourdes." Replied Tyler, feeling just as shocked as everyone present.

"I wasn't expecting to hear her voice until Elif and Elaine's inauguration; however, at least we know they are safe, and nothing will happen to them with her present." Said Tiana as she regained her composure, her words calming both Maria and Marcus.

"Yes, that is a good thing; however, what did she mean by his awakening?" Remarked Marcus with a slight frown as he glanced at the three, their conversation confusing both Illumia and Maxim, though they just silently observed.

"His awakening? She must've been speaking about Elif, right? But what does she mean by awakening?" Questioned Maria in confusion, feeling slightly worried as she knew awakening sometimes comes at a cost.

"I may be wrong, but do you remember Elif's first Heavenly Tribulation?" Said Tyler with a thoughtful expression while looking at the Treasure realm, his words causing the three and Illumia to nod, understanding what he was implying.

"You mean the intent that showed itself during his final lightning tribulation? While it was incredibly pure, powerful, and even capable of ignoring the differences in our cultivation, I find it a little hard to believe that could be the reason." Remarked Maria with slightly furrowed brows as she replayed that memory in her head with utmost detail.

"I'm not that confident in my assumption either, but that is the only thing I can think of when she mentioned the word awaken; then again, it's possible who she was speaking of wasn't Elif." Commented Tyler, though he was even less certain about that.

"I find that even harder to believe, Father; with how special he is, she must've been speaking about Elif. I couldn't Imagine someone else being so unique that Progenitor Lourdes herself would make a move and intervene." Stated Marcus with a shake of his while Tiana and Illumia nodded in agreement.

"Anyways, we can do nothing; let us just do as Progenitor Lourdes said; watch and observe Elif's awakening." Said Tiana as she sent her divine sense into the Treasure realm while concealing her presence.

"You two can watch as well if you so wish." Said Marcus as he glanced at Illumia and Maxim before following suit and sending his divine sense into the Treasure realm, locating Elif and Elaine instantly.

"So, about what you said earlier, Maria?" Asked Marcus with an amused smirk, earning him a glare from Maria and causing him to chuckle.

'Do you have any idea what they were speaking about, Miss Illumia?' Asked Maxim, slightly confused while observing Elif and Elaine, who were listening to Idonea recounting her experience with the Nether Monsters.

'I'm about as clueless as you, though it seems like Their Majesties don't know much more than either of us, so it's not like we are missing out.' Replied Illumia calmly while watching the same thing as Maxim.
___
___

After listening to Idonea, I closed my eyes and contemplated for a few minutes, trying to figure out a way out of this mess; unfortunately, while I couldn't come up with a safe one, I did think of a way to stop things from getting worse. Once I formulated a plan, I gave Idonea a concealing Talisman, hopefully keeping her, Marley, and Sarah hidden from harm's way while Elaine and I headed south.

"For them to be appearing outside the Nether dimension, that must mean a portal has formed somewhere; in order to stop things from getting worse, all we need to do is close the portal, though that is easier said than done." Remarked Elif while flying through the sky alongside Elaine, frowning as he viewed the tens of thousands of monsters with Divine King strength.

"If only Divine Kings are present, that means the portal they are using isn't strong enough to allow a Divine Emperor to pass through; though that's only for now, eventually, they'll start appearing." Said Elaine while flying beside Elif as the two were hidden within the void thanks to Elaine's physique.

Thanks to Elaine, we were relatively well concealed within the void, though because the monsters were being controlled, they always knew our general location, so it didn't help nearly as much, but it did prevent us from engaging in unnecessary battles. However, the only way this is even working is for me to hold Elaine's hand, at least that's what she said, and although I have an inkling she's lying, it wasn't really the time to confront her about that; there were bigger things to worry about.

___

Created a discord server, so if anyone wishes to join, [https://discord.gg/TGc9yymDJP]

___
___

Elven Legacy (Chapter 260: Dance Of The Servants) || Hero of Harmony (Chapter 142: Soul Sickness) || One Piece: Chaos Kong (Chapter 244: Nimbus Prosthetic)|| Marvel's Black Steel (Chapter 204: Victory!) at [patreon.com/Ozonelayer691]