Chapter 43: Life of Idonea

However, that man's attack didn't travel far before it was intercepted by Illumia, who had appeared right in front of the palm attack and effortlessly destroyed it, causing all the attention to be focused on Illumia.

"There will be no interruptions with his highness watching." Stated Illumia as she looked at the man coldly, though it didn't seem like he was satisfied with that answer.

"I apologize for my actions, but that little devil had almost killed my son after he had already lost; she deserved to be punished." Said the man as he bowed while venom laced his voice.

"I don't care about her attempt to kill your son; if you wish for her to receive punishment, then you should speak to his highness as he is present." Coldly stated Illumia before floating back to Elif's private booth while the man was debating internally on whether he should speak to Elif.

When I noticed Illumia had already dealt with the attack, I ignored them and watched how Idonea sheathed her sword before flying off the stage back to a VIP area. At the same time, her opponent was getting carried about by some servants.

'She doesn't even look worried about her well-being, and to be so calm with everything going on just causes my interest in her to increase.' Pondered Elif with a smile as he turned to Illumia, who had just flown into the booth.

"Everything has been dealt with, your highness." Said Illumia with a bow before returning to her usual spot beside Elif.

Looking at the man who started all this, he seemed to be contemplating something as he looked at my booth before eventually releasing a sigh and returning to the VIP area. I wasn't paying attention when Illumia confronted him, so I had no idea what he was thinking, though I wasn't interested either.

"Bring Idonea here; I would like to talk with her." Ordered Elif while watching the next match start.

"Yes, your highness." Replied Illumia with a slight bow before leaving the room through the door.

___

___

When I arrived back at the VIP area, instead of everyone ignoring my presence like usual, everyone looked at me with eyes filled with disgust while murmuring about me.

"To think a little girl could be so bloodthirsty that she tried killing a fellow noble, it's repulsing." Quietly said someone with hatred laced in their voice.

"Well, you shouldn't have expected much from her, don't forget what her family name is; she is that man's daughter, so of course, she's an abomination." Quietly replied another voice, this time filled with disgust and hatred.

"She is nothing but a dangerous beast that should be put down for good." Commented someone who actually didn't have any negative feelings about her; they just wished to join in the conversation and possibly build connections with more nobles.

Even though they were whispering, with my cultivation base, I could hear everything, but I didn't care; I've had to deal with much more gruesome things than some stupid words. After walking through the hallways, I was about to enter my assigned sleeping quarters, but when my hand reached for the door, I heard the air behind me getting pushed by something moving fast, and I could tell that it was aiming toward my head.

With how fast that object was moving, I wouldn't be capable of dodging it in time, so I decided to start leaning forward so that the impact would be lessened when it hit my head.

'If my divine sense weren't still blinded from earlier, then this situation wouldn't have happened.' Thought Idonea the moment the object collided with her head.

When the object hit my head, I instantly knew it was a fist, though I worried about that later as the force of the impact sent me crashing into the wall beside my door, causing me to be embedded into the wall; however, I quickly got myself out of the wall and unsheathed my sword while eyeing my attacker.