Chapter 95: Marley Eve

"Hmm, fourth-degree Tribulation realm?" Questioned Elif, as it was the first time he's ever heard that term before.

"Once you get to the Embryo phase in cultivation, minor realms are no longer separated into low, middle, late, and peak. They are separated into what we call degrees, and there are nine different degrees in total." Explained Celeste as both Elif and Illumia intently listened.

"Nine Degrees? Tribulation realm? I hope my suspicion is wrong, but must you face a Heavenly Tribulation every time you advance in the Tribulation realm?" Asked Elif, secretly hoping he was overthinking things.

"Yes, you're mostly correct, my adorable little genius. However, instead of facing a full Heavenly Tribulation every time you advance, you must face a lightning tribulation corresponding to the degree you're in and the preceding degrees." Said Celeste happily as she once again carried Elif while heading back toward the entrance of the room with Illumia still wearing the Voids Cloak.

After securely closing the treasury and returning inside Great-grandmother's room, I was finally set free from her clutches as she sat back down in her usual spot while I used that time to fix my appearance.

"Oh yes, Great-grandmother, can you keep the knowledge of Illumia sneaking inside an Arch-Dukes estate a secret, please? I don't wish to possibly get punished again." Asked Elif after fixing his appearance, though all he got was a mischievous smile in return.

"Hmm, that's quite a big secret to keep, Elif, especially from the Emperor and Empress of the Empire. I might need some incentive to keep my mouth shut." Said Celeste with a mischievous smirk while eyeing Elif.

"I'll make sure to visit you more often, alright? Haa, fine; Elaine and I will visit you more often, ok." Said Elif, trying to negotiate a deal, but since Celeste had all the leverage, she was in control of the deal.

"Alright, since you're so incredibly adorable, I'll keep what happened today a secret. Just make sure to visit me a lot, ok!" Said Celeste with a delightful smile, while Elif merely sighed in defeat at her antics.

"See you soon, Great-grandmother." Said Elif as he and Illumia exited Celeste's room.

While walking through the palace, I checked on Marley's progress using my divine sense, and I must say, seeing her in a maid's uniform was quite the spectacle, though it seemed she sensed my presence as she attempted to fight back through her divine sense; however, I swiftly retracted my divine sense back to my vicinity, denying her even the opportunity to vent her anger and frustrations, which seemed to be at an all-time high.

"Alright, Illumia. Now that you have the Voids Cloak, I want you to sneak into the Eve's estate and obtain all the information regarding Marley and Sarah you can." Ordered Elif while walking down the halls, though since he was in a secluded section of the palace, there were no servants nearby to hear him.

"I understand, your highness." Acknowledged Illumia with a bow before injecting Qi into the Voids Cloak and disappearing from Elif's side.

'Well, while Illumia is doing that, I suppose I'll just go and cultivate. I've got nothing better to do as I'm prohibited from stepping outside the royal grounds. I must also not forget to return the silver crystal to Father.' Pondered Elif as he headed toward the throne room before returning to his room to cultivate.

___

___

'THAT BASTARD!! DID HE REALLY JUST LEAVE!?' Thought Marley in anger as she dropped whatever she was holding and started scanning for Elif's presence, though her actions caused her to be quickly pressured into a kneeling stance.

"This is the tenth time I've been forced to admonish you; if it weren't for your special circumstances, you would've long since been thrown out of here!" Said the chief servant coldly, the same chief servant that Elif handed Marley to.