6.Sound of Zither

Although the boys were inexperienced and looked nervous, they tried their best to look calm and stuck to their positions to protect the Mo family. A few servants carried A-Tong inside the hall.

Lan Sizhui kneeled beside him and felt his pulse. He then moved to Madam Mo to check on her when A-Tong stood up from the ground.

"A-Tong, you're awake!" That girl named A-Ding exclaimed.

Before anyone could react, A-Tong raised his left hand and clutched his own neck.

Lan Sizhui immediately tapped on a few of his acupoints three times. Though the Lan clan people appeared gentle, their arm strength was no joke. With the force Lan Sizhui uses to tap on his acupoints, it would be difficult for anyone to move. However, it didn't seem like it affected A-Tong even in the slightest bit.

Lan Jingyi tried to grab his left hand but suddenly a crack was heard. A-Tong's neck was broken and his head drooped down.

I was kind of stunned by what happened. He literally strangled himself in front of everyone? My mind became blank as I tried to process what was actually happening.

"A ghost. There's an invisible ghost here. It made A-Tong strangled himself." I heard the sharp voice of A-Ding which made everyone's blood run cold and I was instantly pulled back to reality. 

A ghost? No, it was not a ghost. I had already checked the talismans in the hall. They were all spirit-repelling talismans. If it was really a ferocious ghost, then the talismans would have ignited green flames. Yet, nothing like that was happening now.

It was not the kid's fault that they were reacting slowly but the creature was too vicious. In the cultivation world, when it comes to ferocious ghosts, they had to kill at least one person and continue that behavior for at least three months. This criteria was set by me and I believe it was probably still being used to this day as well. For me, killing one person in seven days would be considered a ferocious ghost that killed frequently. This creature had already killed three people and it had not even been an hour.

It would have been harder even for experienced cultivators let alone these young kids.

As I was thinking, suddenly a sinister wind passed, and all the candles and lanterns in the hall were extinguished and screams erupted from everywhere.

Everyone started pushing and pulling wanting to escape from here as fast as they could.

"Stay where you are and don't run! I am gonna catch whoever runs!" Lan Jingyi shouted loudly.

He was not merely saying this to alarm the people. In fact, evil beings like causing trouble when it's dark. The worse the chaos, the more likely it was to attract danger. It was extremely unsafe to be isolated or nervous at times like this.

After a while, the screams died down. Only faint sobs could be heard. Amidst all the chaos, a flame lit up at a distance. Lan Sizhui lit up a flame talisman and used it to light up the candles. The fire from the flame talisman could not be extinguished by any sinister winds.

Under the light, I causally raised my arm to check the cuts.

I noticed that something was wrong with the number of cuts healed. One had healed when Mo Ziyuan died. Another one healed when Mo Ziyuan's father died. After A-Tong died, another cut healed. There should be one more cut. The last cut was deep and held the most hatred.

But, right now, there were no cuts on my arms. All of them were completely healed. How is it possible?

Did Mo Xuanyu suddenly reach the point of revelation and let go of his hatred? No, that would be impossible. The deal was already sealed and the cuts won't be healed until the wish is fulfilled.