2.Soul-Sacrificing

"Wei Wuxian, wake up."

Among all the screams and wails I heard an unfamiliar voice calling for me. I slowly opened my eyes to see a young boy standing in front of me as the screams died down slowly.

"Who are you?" I asked when I noticed that I was no longer in that dark place but I was in a dimly lit room.

The ground was littered with papers, talismans, broken furniture, and other junk. It looked like a storage room.

As I looked down to where we were standing, I saw an array. We both are standing in the middle of an array that looks like it was drawn in haste.

It was crooked and very badly drawn but I have seen much worse things anyway. I seem to have known this array but can't pinpoint where I have seen this.

Suddenly, realization struck me like lightning.

It's a soul-sacrificing ritual and this boy in front of me summoned my soul. How is this even possible? Except for three or four people, no one has ever performed this technique in history.

The person who performs this has to draw the array with their own blood. Then they can summon a resentful spirit to complete their wish and the person's soul will be exchanged with the summoned soul. But I am not a resentful spirit. Honestly, one cannot find a spirit as peaceful as mine anywhere.

But how can he summon me?

From what I know those few people who performed this technique till now had all asked for revenge and I guess his wish might be the same too.

That means he will offer me his body and I have to complete his wish. If I fail to complete his wish within the certain time limit, our souls will be perished with no way to reincarnate again. Just thinking of it made my spine shiver with unknown fear.

If I fulfill his wish, then his soul will get peace and I can continue to live in his body.

There is also another important rule. The soul that was summoned will have to forget whatever has happened after their death once the deal is sealed. My face paled as I recalled this rule.

If I forget everything that happened in that dark place I lived all this time, I will also forget my feelings for Lan Zhan as well as Lan Zhan's feelings for me.

His feelings, his confessions, his pain, his love. I will have to forget everything.

Even though I can remember my past life, I don't know how long it will take for me to meet Lan Zhan again.

Even if we meet, there is no guarantee that he will recognize me. There is no guarantee that I will realize my feelings for him again.

When I reincarnate into this young man's body, I might even still be thinking that Lan Zhan is against me cultivating this path. I might still be thinking that Lan Zhan is just a friend to me. What if I avoid him and push him away again like I did in my past life?

I hope I realize my feelings for Lan Zhan sooner in this lifetime.

I hope I won't be as idiotic and stupid as I was in my previous life.

I sighed and asked the young man again. "Who are you? Why did you summon my soul?"

"Wei wuxian, take revenge for me! Take revenge for me!!!" he exclaimed.

Before I could even ask anything I felt the piercing ache in my head again. This time much worse than before, like someone is crushing my head, like my soul is being shredded into pieces.

I instinctively held my head tightly. My eyes closed as my ears rang infinitely.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:
It's a short chapter. The next chapters will be longer. If you have any doubts, ask in the comments.