5.Trouble

I decided to meditate for a while. But not even an hour had passed, a series of hurried and chaotic footsteps could be heard and soon, someone barged into the room since the bolt was already broken by me.

I opened my eyes and tried to understand what was going on. "Drag that murderer to the main hall right now." Someone said as some servants dragged me to the main hall.

Did something go wrong with the flag formation? But I did check the flags and the formation and there is nothing wrong. Let's first see what happened.

I let the servants drag me to the main hall. It was more crowded than before.

All the family members and servants are present and Madam Mo has collapsed on her seat and is staring into a distance in a daze. Some of the people are still in their undergarments. I noticed the dried tears on Madam Mo's face and I immediately understood something had happened. If it made Madam Mo cry, then it must be something worse.

As soon as she saw me, her expression went from sorrow to extreme rage. Then I saw a body lying on the ground covered by a white cloth. Only the head is not covered.

That boy named Lan Sizhui and the other cultivators are standing beside the body talking in soft voices.

"Less than three minutes have passed since the body was discovered?"

"After subduing the corpses, we hurried to the East courtyard and the body is in the hallway."

Apparently, the body is Mo Ziyuan's.

I couldn't help but take another glance at the body. It looked like Mo Ziyuan but at the same time, it didn't as well. He looked like his blood was sucked out of his body. His cheeks sunken and his skin wrinkly. Rather than a young boy, he looked more like an old man.

As I was examining his body while standing beside the cultivators, Madam Mo suddenly rushed towards me with a dagger in her hand catching me off guard. However, Lan Sizhui knocked it off her hand before she could hurt me.

Madam Mo was fuming with anger as she spoke, "Why are you stopping me? My son died in such a tragic way. I am only trying to avenge him."

I hid behind Lan Sizhui and spoke, "What does your son's death have to do with me?"

"Madam Mo, seeing your son's condition, his life essence has been sucked out of him. Which means, he was killed by evil beings and not him." Lan Sizhui tried to reason with her but she stood her ground.

"You know nothing! His father is a cultivator. He must have learned a lot of demonic spells from him."

Lan Sizhui looked at me for a moment and then spoke again, "Madam Mo, there is a lack of evidence, so..."

"The evidence is on my son. Can't you see?" She said pointing at Mo Ziyuan's body.

I carefully stepped forward and lifted the white cloth. I didn't see anything wrong at first but then I noticed his left hand was missing. It looked like it was severed from below his shoulder.

Madam Mo spoke again, "Do you see that? Everyone here heard what this lunatic said before. He said that if A-Yuan touched any of his belongings, he would cut off his arm. This lunatic, he is out of his mind!!!"

Out of my mind! It's been a few years since I heard that. Honestly, looking at Madam Mo right now and hearing her spouting all this nonsense, I don't know who is out of their mind.

Me? Or Madam Mo?

In my past life, I did talk about killing people and exterminating families and clans but most of the time, they were just empty words. If I could do all of those things, I would have dominated the whole cultivation world long ago.