Chapter 6: Almost D-Day

Start from the beginning

Y/N: "Maybe next time, it's really just jumbled thoughts right now."

Before you could get back to pondering, you feel a buzz on your burner phone. As you try to pull it out, Yunjin pulls out hers first. You can see her read it and her jaw drops.

Yunjin: "NO WAY! THEY JUST ANNOUNCED THAT THE RACE WITH MINJUN IS GOING TO BE A DUCT TAPE DEATHMATCH."

Chaewon: "REALLY?"

All the girls minus Eunchae start to look excited.

Yunjin: "YEAH AND THEY SAID THAT HANNI IS GOING TO BE THE PRIZE?"

'Wait, that's not what I said at all.'

Kazuha looks shocked.

Kazuha: "From NewJeans? How could she let that happen..."

Yunjin: "Honestly, if that Takumi guy is a half-decent guy, it's better than being with Minjun."

Chaewon: "Agreed, that guy is a weirdo and a perv."

Sakura: "Can't believe we ever let someone like that be our manager?"

You clench your teeth.

'Ah, so this is the guy who made them distrustful of me. Looking back he was a hardcore pervert, did not even try to hide it at all.'

The rest of breakfast wrapped up as the girls moved to the living room to watch a movie together.

Sakura: "Y/N, you're welcome to join us if you want."

Y/N: "Okay! I'll be there in a bit."

After clearing out the table and washing the dishes, you go to join them in the living room. But before you can get in you get a phone call. You peek in to see all the girls focused on some K-Drama. The Caller ID shows that it's Iketani. You eagerly pick up.

(Call is in Japanese)

Iketani: "Long time, no talk Y/N!"

Y/N: "Yeah, it's been a while. What's up?"

Iketani: "What? A man can't check up on his fellow LD?"

Y/N: "Well, I've been doing pretty well for myself. How's it going over there in Akina?"

Iketani: "It's been okay for me, it's pretty dull here but you gotta appreciate the peace sometimes."

Y/N: "It's been pretty chaotic for me over here, also how's Itsuki doing?"

Iketani: "He's been pretty sad, but whenever he hears a LE SSERAFIM song, he starts muttering. I hear your name and a lot of other words I don't want to repeat."

Y/N: sighs "Should've expected that."

Iketani: "Oh, that reminds me! I heard you're going to race this weekend."

Y/N: "Eh? How'd you hear about that, it was a secret."

Iketani: "Oh you know, people know me."

Y/N: "Did Ryosuke invite you?"

Iketani: "Hahaha... Yeah he did."

You guys laugh.

Iketani: "Itsuki and I are going to go, so do you mind picking us up from the airport?"

Y/N: "Sure! When are you arriving?"

Iketani: "Should be around 5 p.m."

Y/N: "Okay, I'll be there."

Iketani: "Ah, I just remembered. He said it was going to be a duct tape deathmatch. Why would you take that, don't you know it's dangerous? Also, what's this I hear about a girl being the prize?"