Three: Calm?

As our eyes met, genuine shock flickering across her face for the first time since our encounter began. Before I could fully process what was happening, she smirked, a mischievous glint in her eyes, and began to dart across the counter, making a beeline for the edge.

Without thinking, I rushed over to the counter, a million thoughts racing through my mind. What was I going to do? How had she managed to escape? And most importantly, how was I going to contain the situation before it spiraled out of control?

Instinctively, I cupped my hands and placed them over her, hoping to prevent her from escaping again.

She squirmed and protested, her tiny fists pounding against my palms, but I held firm.

Despite her squirming and protests, I held firm, my palms pressed firmly against the surface of the counter, trapping her underneath. With each movement, she struggled against my grip, but I refused to let her slip through my fingers again.

"Quit squirming," I muttered under my breath, my voice tinged with frustration as I tried to keep her contained. But she was relentless, her determination matching my own as she fought against my hold.

Feeling her continued resistance, I shifted my grip, picking her up in a semi-fist with only her head and arms sticking out. As I held her firmly, I locked eyes with her, trying to maintain a façade of control despite the nerves gnawing at me from within.

"Stop trying to escape," I commanded, my voice firm as I pointed at her with my free hand. "I told you, you're not going anywhere."

But she didn't back down. Instead, she smirked, a knowing glint in her eyes that sent a shiver down my spine.

But she just glared back, her defiance evident in her eyes. I pointed a finger at her, trying to assert some semblance of control. "I-I said stop," I repeated, my tone as firm as possible.

"I know you're scared out of your mind," she taunted, her voice dripping with confidence. "And realistically, you're not going to do anything to me. And, guess what?"

"Soon enough, it will be all for nothing someone's going to tell the police," she continued, her voice laced with certainty. "It's gonna be all over for you."

I could feel the panic rising within me as her taunts continued. I knew she was right. Despite my efforts to keep her contained, it was only a matter of time before someone noticed she was missing and went to the police. And when they did, it would be all over for me.

"Shut up," I snapped, my voice tinged with frustration as I tried to regain control of the situation. "You don't know anything. Just... just be quiet."

But deep down, I knew that she was right. Time was running out, and soon enough, everything would come crashing down around me. All I could do was hope that I could find a way out of this mess before it was too late.

As I snapped at her to be quiet, she started snickering and laughing at me, her laughter ringing in my ears like a mocking echo. I felt a flush of embarrassment and frustration wash over me. Here I was, a grown man, being laughed at by a human. It was humiliating, to say the least.

But what frustrated me even more was how she seemed to have this uncanny ability to get under my skin. Despite her small size, she exuded an air of confidence and defiance that made her seem ten times bigger than she actually was. And for some reason, she had this effect on me, making me feel small and powerless in comparison.

Why was she like this? And even worse, why did she have such an impact on me? I prided myself on not caring what anyone else thought of me, but with her, it was different. She was the only one who truly intimidated me, and I couldn't shake the feeling that there was something about her that I just couldn't ignore.