Chapter 7 : Memories

Through the haze of longing, I see your face,
A vision of beauty, a haven, a grace.
And though the distance may keep us apart,
Know that you dwell forever in my heart.

So let us embrace this sweet anticipation,
For in the waiting lies our love's foundation.
And when at last our souls collide,
We'll find eternity in love's sweet tide.

~♡~

The birds were chirping, their melodic tunes echoing in the silent street as the cool early morning breeze tousled his raven locks. It was a quiet, almost somber scene.

Seated on his bike, Jungkook's eyes never left the house before him. It was like he was frozen in time.

He knew people might think he was crazy and stupid. But he never cared. it wasn't about them-It was about him and what he had lost.

His love.

Past love.

Taehyung.

Even though he knew Taehyung wasn't here, he couldn't stop himself from longing for a glimpse of him.

He kept coming back to the same spot, eyes trained on the same door, yearning for the person he once knew.

But the door never opened. The street remained silent, yet the hope never truly died.

Today, however, he felt something different in the air-a new sense of possibility he hadn't felt in days. It was as if the world was shifting, slowly opening a door that had long been shut.

He doesn't know why he feels like that, but his chest tightens with a
fluttering, unfamiliar feeling.

He took a deep breath, letting the cool air fill his lungs, and sighed.

Despite this glimmer of hope, Jungkook knows he is not welcome here. If Taehyung's parents saw him again, they'd probably yell or maybe even throw insults his way.

He couldn't do anything about it; they were his parents, and this wasn't new-it was something he had grown accustomed to. He believed he deserved it.

After all, he was the one who had ruined everything that was once peaceful.

He hated himself for it.

Yet, it was Taehyung who kept him going. He remained his source of strength, then and always.

A small, almost imperceptible smile tugged at the corner of his lips as he glanced up at the balcony. It was a silent witness to all the memories they had shared.

[Note: past in italics]

°°°♡°°°

••Sneaking up••

Humming a soft tune while wiping his face with a towel, Taehyung stepped out of the bathroom, only to be startled when he saw his boyfriend and abruptly halted in his tracks.

Jungkook stood in the middle of his room, looking back at him with a grin.

"Jungkook, what are you doing here?" Taehyung gasped. The words tumbled out. He hadn't expected to see the older at this hour, especially not in his own room.

"Just couldn't stay away from you," Jungkook replied with a wink. As he walked toward Taehyung, his hand reached out and found its way to Taehyung's waist.

The contact was firm yet gentle, and with a quick pull, Jungkook brought him closer.

Taehyung yelped, surprised by the sudden closeness. The warmth of Jungkook's touch sent a shiver down his spine, making his heart race and his cheeks flush.