𝐢𝐢.𝐢𝐢 - 𝐬𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲 (𝐩)

Start from the beginning

"Of course you figured it out before Shark Boy, genius." Aurora giggled, then paused. "Wait. How? You guys... did you guys see each other before coming here?" Unbeknownst to Percy, there was suspicion and a hint of jealousy to her words. Of course, the black haired boy didn't know that, because he was stupid. (It's okay, he could admit it.)

"No. I mean, like, kinda? Dude, just 'cause Wise Girl is a fucking stalker. She shows up at my fucking school and—"

"Woah, Perce, language." Percy frowned at Aurora, completely bewildered as to why the girl, who, at twelve years old, cursed more than any adults he knew, was reprimanding him for his vulgarity. She shrugged with a wink. "Connor and I are having a bet to see how long we'll last without cursing. Whoever wins gets a prize from Charlie, which we forced him to give us. Neither of us actually want it, but what's life without a little competition, you know? Been winning all summer, don't provoke me."

Connor Stoll was undeniably Aurora's best friend, guy or girl. Yes, she absolutely adored Gracie Warner and Annabeth like they were sisters, but—annoyingly—she and Connor got along to an otherworldly extent. She was hopelessly devoted to him (platonically) and would probably give him her right arm per request. It only irked Percy for selfish reasons, and it didn't really bother him. Just sort of a small tug at his chest, as if a thread was caught in a sharp edge. Maybe Percy wanted to be her best friend, or of some sort of value in her life. Honestly, he just wanted her to consider him a close friend, like Connor was. He felt as though he'd worked so hard to get to a point of understanding with Aurora, and then Connor came and took his place as designated dude. And while Percy didn't love the fact that the hilarious bet that Aurora was totally going to lose had to do with the mischievous son of Hermes, something else stood out more, more than Percy's own personal tiffs.

Perce. She called him Perce. He didn't think he'd ever been addressed by that word. If anyone else had called him that—sounding more like purse than a nickname for Percy—he would've detested it. But it sounded halfway decent coming out of Aurora's mouth. It flowed so nicely, so normal. Percy wanted to bring it up, because the simple name made him feel fidgety inside in a way that he had no idea how to describe, but Aurora had already turned away and started talking to Annabeth animatedly with more vigor than he'd ever seen.

"You're so losing, Ro." Percy taunted, causing an eye roll from Aurora before she linked arms with Annabeth, skipping towards the Big House, completely ignoring him. He didn't expect anything less than a dramatic exit from the girl. Percy turned to Tyson, who was still staring, awestruck by Aurora. "Hey, big guy. Why don't we follow them, right?"

Tyson nodded, and the two boys trotted after the happy girls. Percy had a sneaking suspicion the elation Aurora was feeling would be gone pretty soon—they just had bad luck like that, and Percy wasn't exactly sure if her happiness was because she loved camp so much and life was just oh so great, or if it was because of their arrival—and he was saddened.

As soon as they entered the Big House, they found Chiron in his apartment, listening to his favorite 1960s lounge music while he packed his saddlebags. Percy could hear Aurora groan, grumbling a thousand complaints that probably all went back to Luke.

As soon as Tyson saw him, he froze. "Pony!" he cried in total rapture.

Chiron turned, looking offended as Aurora walked over to the man she considered a father, resting against his chest with a deep frown. "I beg your pardon?"

Annabeth quickly ran and joined their hug. "Chiron, what's happening? You're not... leaving?" Her voice was shaky.

"He better not be." Aurora snapped, looking at the centaur for approval. "I've already started a petition. All of the nymphs agree, plus the satyrs. No one likes—"