The Driver doesn't Have a Drivers License

Y/N, with a feeling of dread settling in her stomach, leaned over to tell Percy. "Percy, I think the driver is a monste–" Just then, the car swerved.

The driver turned around and smiled, flashing fangs that no mortal would ever have. All three demigods drew their weapons and attacked. Annabeth tried to stab the driver, but just before the blade made contact, the driver turned to smoke. Then he reappeared behind them, grabbing Annabeth by the neck.

While all this was happening, the car was still moving, swerving dangerously. Y/N spotted a large rock on the gas pedal. While Percy and Annabeth set about fighting the monster, Y/N crawled into the driver's seat to attempt to stop the car.

As Y/N maneuvered into the driver's seat, she could feel the surge of panic coursing through her veins. Her fingers fumbled over the controls, desperately searching for anything that might regain control of the careening vehicle. She kicked the rock off the gas pedal, then grabbed at the wheel, but it was no use, the vehicle was still swerving wildly.

Meanwhile, the struggle continued behind her. Annabeth fought against the ethereal form, her grip tightening on her blade. Percy, with the swiftness of a seasoned warrior, struck with Riptide, only for the blade to pass harmlessly through the smoky figure.

With a surge of determination, Y/N spotted a lever near the steering column. She yanked it hard, and with a screech of protesting metal, the car jerked to a halt. The sudden stop threw everyone forward, and Annabeth managed to break free from the ghostly grip.

Breathing heavily, Y/N turned to face the backseat, ready to confront their spectral adversary. But to her astonishment, the figure had solidified, revealing a gaunt face with hollow eyes and a twisted grin.

Before she could react, the ghostly driver leaned in, planting a chilling kiss on Y/N's cheek. His voice, like a whispering wind, murmured in her ear. "You must not continue on your journey. Stop now. Go home."

Y/N's heart pounded in her chest, but she summoned every ounce of her resolve. "No," she declared, her voice steady.

The ghostly figure's eyes gleamed with a mix of admiration and sadness. "Your journey will lead you to the precipice of death, child of the gods. Remember my warning."

And with that, he dissolved into mist, leaving Y/N trembling but resolute. She turned back to Percy and Annabeth, who were recovering from the sudden stop.

"We need to keep moving," Y/N said, her voice firm. "The Empire State Building is our next destination."

With a renewed sense of purpose, they exited the vehicle. Knowing that another taxi wasn't an option, Y/N led the way as they continued on foot.

An hour later, it was beginning to get dark, and the trio was still a few miles away from their destination. "We should stop for the night. I'll get us a hotel room." Percy said. Y/N and Annabeth, both tired, agreed.