Chapter 188: The Crew Back Together

Start from the beginning

'Tch, why did you have to arrive so fast, Brother? If you just took your time, I could've stayed hiding in the void and only appeared just in time to save Sarah while letting those two whores die! But no, you had to save your stupid servants and ruin everything; now those two will continue getting in the way of our love!' Thought Elaine angrily in hatred as she dug her face into Elif's chest, hiding the sinister expression that manifested on her face.

"I'm never one to reject a hug from you, Elaine, but could you please release me? The Nether monsters are about to arrive, and I need to get a little revenge for the act of harming my servant." Stated Elif as he gently but forcefully pulled Elaine's arms off of him before appearing a few meters before her.

"Hmph, fine, but the hug isn't over, Brother; I haven't seen you in roughly three weeks." Declared Elaine with a huff of annoyance as she reluctantly backed away, allowing Elif to deal with the incoming wave.

Nodding at Elaine, I lightly shook my head and focused on the massive wave of Nether monsters in the distance as they neared our location, which caused me to frown. I didn't know if it was just a coincidence, but this isn't how Nether monsters are supposed to act; sure, there are outliers, but the majority shouldn't behave like this.

'I may just be overthinking things, but just to be on the safe side, let's do a little test.' Mused Elif as he turned around and manifested a large purple palm to gently scoop up Marley, Sarah, and Idonea.

"Elaine, follow me." Said Elif as he speedily flew east while a confused Elaine followed him, and in a matter of a few seconds, they had escaped the Nether monster's path.

Once we were a good distance away, I summoned a talisman, which I hardly ever use, and activated it by infusing Qi into the formation engraved on the paper, causing it to release a dim glow as it increased its size and surrounded the five of us; concealing our presence from Peak Half-step Celestials and below.

"Hmm, what are you doing, Brother? Did you possibly figure something out?" Questioned Elaine in confusion as she glanced at the horde of Nether monsters before looking at Elif, who was intently focusing on the horde.

"Maybe, but I don't know for sure. You see, Nether monsters are soulless creatures that attack everything in sight, meaning if we aren't in sight anymore, theoretically, we should be safe from them." Replied Elif, but as he looked at the horde, he began frowning until his expression slowly morphed into an ugly expression, a rare sight to see.

"If that's the case, Brother, can you explain why they are still heading right for us?" Asked Elaine with an intense frown as she eyed the horde that had changed directions and headed east, practically following their scent.

"There are a few reasons for that; one, they're a group of Nether monsters that happened to come in contact with the Aether dimension, allowing a soul to form within their bodies, granting them sapience. However, if that were the case, they shouldn't be this weak, not to mention I doubt we'd ever encounter a group this large. Another reason would be that they just happened to head east, and this could all be a coincidence; it is unlikely, but a possibility nonetheless. Lastly and the most terrifying possibility, a powerful and intelligent Nether Monster is controlling them; unfortunately, that's what I believe is most likely happening." Stated Elif with an ugly expression, as only he and Elaine understand the actual complications of such a scenario.

"If that's the case, that means there is a portal of some kind keeping a stable and constant connection between the Nether monsters and the one controlling them." Said Elaine with an intense frown as she summoned her royal medallion and injected it with Qi, only for it to glow slightly.

"And if the Royal medallion isn't working, that must mean it's a Nether Monster with a very powerful cultivation base, a Tribulation Realm or higher." Added Elif, his expression only worsening as he looked at the horde of Nether monsters, which were close to their location.

"What should we do then, Brother?" Asked Elaine while looking at Elif, hoping he'd formulated a plan, though; unfortunately, that wasn't the case.

"I don't know yet; I need some time to think; however, first and foremost, let's get rid of this approaching horde." Replied Elif as he dissipated the concealing Talisman, revealing their position to the Nether monsters; not like it mattered much at this point.

As I knew time was of the essence, I didn't wish to prolong the battle, so I went all out from the start; well, not exactly all out from the beginning; I only used enough to obliterate the horde before me; I didn't want to give any unnecessary information to the creature watching through the monster's eyes. Summoning my sword, I unsheathed Hokori and had the scabbard float in place as I clutched the hilt with both hands while injecting Qi into it, causing a purple ethereal flame to engulf the blade.

Bringing my arms up, I brought my foot forward before slashing down diagonally, launching a massive Heavenly Scar that sliced through the monsters with utter ease, killing hundreds a second, yet even so, the momentum in the purple sword wave didn't slow down. After killing thousands of monsters, it finally destroyed the horde as the sword wave continued into the distance before eventually dissipating.

"Haa, alright; that should hopefully buy us some much-needed time. Idonea, come here and inform Elaine and I about what happened; if possible, I'd like more information." Ordered Elif as he dissipated his purple hand, causing Marley and Sarah to nearly fall, but Idonea was quick enough to catch them.

___

Created a discord server, so if anyone wishes to join, [https://discord.gg/TGc9yymDJP]

___
___

Elven Legacy (Chapter 259: Dancing) || Hero of Harmony (Chapter 141: Sick Yuki) || One Piece: Chaos Kong (Chapter 243: Captain Reuniting With His Crew)|| Marvel's Black Steel (Chapter 204: Victory!) at [patreon.com/Ozonelayer691]