{- Puppet catchers -}

Start from the beginning

"Well? What am I thinking then?" Saige asked.

Hmm, not that hard to decipher, hehe. She was feeling awkward about the staring competition and saw this as ridiculously pointless! Her eyes and gestures are like an open book!

"Weeelll.. You're not that difficult to decipher, but I'll let out a few things. You think this is the most ridiculous thing you and I have ever done! And you obviously felt awkward and uncomfortable!" I explained.

"Wait, that's actually accurate.." Saige confirmed.

"My dear, Lytler. I can read people, you know? This ability is hard to achieve and it can be very terrifying for a woman like you." I said with a smirk.

"Shiver me timbers." Saige said sarcastically, rolling her eyes at me. "That was verrrryy scary!"

"Sarcasm to cope with you being caught? Very pathetic, Lytler. Better luck next time."

"Why should I be ashamed I got caught? That's absurd." Saige replied bluntly.

"Heh, I'm afraid I must go. See you later." I got up, before I walked away and didn't really care about what Saige said after that anymore..

Besides.. I've got more things to worry about aside from Saige's words...

I started to make my way to building 6. As I swiped my card through the elevator, the lift moved down each floor until the lowest.

As the elevator doors opened for me to enter, I stepped in the elevator and clicked the button with the number '4' printed on it.

The elevator doors shut automatically as I wait. As I feel the lift doing its job and lifting me to the 4th floor safely.

'Ding!' The sound of what sounds like a short melody played as the elevator door opened, I walked out of it. Looking in both ways on the 4th floor, unsure where to go.

I don't know if I was technically on the right floor or not. Or is it that I missed a sentence in the message that Cedric sent to the chat. I turn on my phone again, re-reading the message in the group chat.

'Let's meet up at room 648, everyone! I expect perfect attendance, this is important.'

Room 648.. Eh, should've known that it's that office on this exact floor. I started to make my way towards the room. Geez, haven't realized that building 6 hallways are this empty..

In my usual teaching days, I don't pay a visit to building 6 that often, since my class that I am the advisor to is not in building 6 but rather building 5. And my office to the computer labs are all in building 4. So I am not used to such hollow and wide hallways.

Likewise, this is new.. I am gonna have to adapt since I may have to pay a visit a few times for the meeting.. I leaned my head against the door to get a glimpse of any noises of the situation in the room. I heard a few sounds of walking, and some chatter in the room. Good, good to know they weren't quite literally tricking me.

I opened the door anyway, stepped into the room and looked around the surroundings. Oh! It's a physics lab.. Good choice of a room...

"Finally, Miss Carlton! Were you intentionally making your way here this late?" Cedric made a remark.

"Unintentionally, or intentionally, your choice to believe." I replied. Sitting on a vacant chair.

"Again with the weird riddle wording.. Miss Carlton, can you please just give straight answers? No offense." Rosita commented, she thinks that because she obviously can't see through it.

"Well.. You're quite dense.. Hm?" I questioned, grinning directly at her. "I think we all know I made my way here late unintentionally.. Don't you agree?"