Chapter 11. When Your Plans Get Blown Up

Start from the beginning

Mina pushes me back. "You just love cursing like a bitch, don't you?"

With a growl, I retrieve my knife when Jennie appears between us and shoves us apart. We both stumble backwards, much to my surprise.

She does have strength in those twig arms of hers after all.

"Enough, you two!" She glares between us, which is more like a cute kitten trying to be angry. "I don't think this is the time to fight!"

I scowl. "Then why don't you go ahead and leave with your stupid fucking bodyguard? Maybe she can protect you until you turn into a fucking pile of blood and guts within a few minutes."

"You don't freaking know what I'm capable of," Mina says, her hand reaching behind her.

"I said stop!" Jennie yells. Her voice pierces the air in a volume I've never heard before. A dog barks in the distance as we both stop and look at her. Folding her arms across her chest, she pouts adorably, although I can tell she's trying to look tough. "I need both of you, okay? So please, please try to work together!"

A few seconds pass as Mina and I exchange cold glances. Her cheek twitches with hate while her glare shoots through me like a laser. She glances at Jennie for a brief moment before inhaling deeply.

"Fine," she mumbles, regret stemming from her voice.

Jennie turns towards me with her stupid cute, kitten eyes. "Ava?” Her bottom lip juts out as she silently begs me.

With a sigh, I roll my eyes. "Okay."

"Yay!" Jennie exclaims before throwing her arms around me. Keeping my cool at her sudden reaction, I place my hand on the small of her back.

"Oh come on, why don't I get a hug?" Mina huffs.

"Because you already got one," I smirk at her over Jennie's head.

Mina thrusts me a middle finger and quickly hides it when Jennie releases me.

"So, do you have a plan?" Jennie asks me.

"Um... so far we only have two options." I wish I could twirl my knife in my hands right now, as it usually helps me think better. But I don't want to frighten Jennie or send Mina into attack mode, although as of now, she seems like a frisky Chihuahua.

Mina raises an eyebrow. "Which are?"

"Option one: we fly to Hawaii and stay there. You'll have to cut off all contact with anyone here, including your parents. Optio-"

"Why Hawaii?" Jennie and Mina ask at the same time. They grin at each other before looking at me again.

I sigh irritably. "Because Hawaii is the one place where KSD never dares to enter. No," I say as Mina opens her mouth, "I won't be saying why. It's not important right now. What's important is that we would be safe there as long as we don't poke outside."

Jennie nods in understanding while Mina narrows her eyes at me.

"Option two... I will eliminate Eve and take over KSD."

"Who's Eve?" Mina asks.

"This mean lady who is her boss," Jennie chirps.

"Yeah, that," I grumble in annoyance at Jennie's interruption.

Mina scoffs. "And there's... like... nothing else you could think of?"

"Excuse me, are you the one who fucking knows these people?" Kicking away a pile of soil that had fallen from the garden box beside us, I take a step towards her.