Ch 4 "Beginning of Fortunes"

Eliza's POV

Last night, my mom and I had a long night's talk. We talked about life and our memories, some I wish that never happened. We talked so much that I didn't realize that I fell asleep on the couch of the lounge. It wasn't until I heard my mom shout my name that I got alerted and suddenly woke up all confused

" AHH WHAT MOM, WHAT HAPPENED?" I say all startled and confused.

" Eliza, come here... U HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED INTO THE ORGANIZATION! LOOK AT THIS EMAIL!"

"WHHHAAAAAT!! BUT HOW.. HUH, WHAT SHOW MEEE!!!" I ran towards the kitchen where Mom was holding the phone with the email. I then took the phone from her hand and read the email.

Ms. Eliza,

I am writing to let you know that your application to join Crimson Syndicate Holding has been approved. This decision comes after careful evaluation of your professional credentials and the considerable potential we see in your strategic capabilities.

Crimson Syndicate Holding prides itself on spearheading innovations that challenge conventional boundaries within our industry. Your professional background and your demonstrated commitment to high standards in your field resonate strongly with the principles and aspirations of our organization.

As a new member of our syndicate, you will be expected to contribute to our ongoing projects with diligence and innovation. We are confident that your involvement in our operations will not only propel our objectives forward but also facilitate your personal and professional growth.

-CRIMSON SYNDICATE HOLDINGS

I couldn't believe this was happening, I thought he wasn't even interested in the interview. Nonetheless, it accepted me into the organization. But I guess luck is by my side.

"Mom, see I told you I would make you proud, I told you I would make our times better and put a smile on your face, I TOLD YO -"

"Mom?... WHY ARE YOU CRYING!?" I look at my mom whose eyes are filled with tears dropping one by one.

" No, no, I am not crying. It's just tears from happiness... I am so proud of you, so so proud, my sweetheart." She then kisses me on the forehead and embraces me in a warm hug.

"I love you, mom,"

"I love you too, honey."

The next day

"Ok, Mom, I am leaving for my new office," I say, pressing the word "new" to show my content and happiness.

"Sure honey, make sure to eat well and take care of yours -"

"I know, I know, Mom. Don't worry, I will," I said while closing the door.

" What a daughter I have,"

I then suddenly trip on something and almost fall, but I hold onto the wall.

"What the hell did I-" Before I complete my sentence, I look behind and see a black briefcase with a red bow and a letter next to it. I take the briefcase and open it, holding the letter in my hand. My eyes widen in shock.

"WHAT THE F***!"

"WHAT!? WHAT HAPPENED +ELIZA, ARE YOU OK!??" Suddenly, the front door slams open, and my mother comes out with a worried look and locks her gaze at my face.

"Mom... look at this."

"What is it?"

"ITS A CHECK OF A FU- I MEAN A FRICKING MILLION DOLLARS!!!"