As soon as I start going down the steps, everyone stops and looks at me as they notice me, and the whole place goes quiet. As I walk to the middle, I can feel Gabriel behind me, even though he is not touching me. I can always feel his presence whenever he is around me.

The floor seemed to be made of glass, with light shining through it. I saw more screens on the side with all the screens and people; it reminded me of a high-tech control room.

There is a see-through glass wall in front. You can see two people were fighting there or practicing because they also stopped to look at what was happening. There was a step to go up, and there were two hallways on both sides of the glass wall.

There are two more corridors at the end of the area on my right and left. This place is huge.

I couldn't help but feel a sense of unease as I looked around and felt people's eyes on me. The atmosphere was tense, and I could sense a certain aura of power and control in the room.

Gabriel stepped close to me from behind me and wrapped one of his hands around me.

"Everyone, back to work." He said loudly in a dominant voice, ordering people around us, and everyone started doing what they were doing before, or, may I say, pretending to do their work, because I can still feel their eyes as their full attention is still on us.

Ignoring them, I turn to Gabriel; he has a strained face and is not showing any emotions, just blank and stone-like.

“Gabriel, what is this place?” I asked, trying to hide the nervousness in my voice. He led me to one of the tables, and I noticed that there were two chairs beside it. One for him and one for me.

"This is my business, Vivian. My real business." He said this while looking into my eyes and turning me to face the screen.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The screens showed different parts of the city, with maps and charts displayed on them. They were all marked with different colors and symbols, indicating various territories and areas.

"This is the business I inherited from my father." Gabriel continued, his voice still devoid of emotion.

"What business are we talking about here?" I ask almost afraid to know the truth. He saw this and turned to me before taking my hand in both of his hands.

He took a few breaths before letting it go. It's like he is preparing himself to tell me.

I raised my free hand that he was not holding and caressed his face, feeling his stubble under my hand. I liked how it tickled my palm, and it's felt good under my palm.

"It's okay; you can tell me anything. I am here." He leans into my palm and closes his eyes as one of his hands leaves my hand and wraps around my wrist.

"My family has a very old Mafia clan." He said this after a few seconds and opened his eyes, looking deep into my eyes.
My thumb that was stroking his cheek stopped.

"What?" My mouth fell open in shock from everything that was running inside my head. I was not expecting this to come out of his mouth.

"My great-grandfather started this business, and my father had inherited it and then passed it on to me when I came of age." His grip tightens on my wrist when I sit straight and try to take my hand away, like he needs my touch to continue to talk.

"Wait." I said it again, still in shock.

"Please don't say anything; let me explain." He pleaded as he pulled my chair closer.

"What the hell are you talking about, Gabriel? Please tell me this is a joke." I asked, not believing what I had heard.

"Do I look like I am joking, Bellissima?" He said that and pointed at the whole place.