Chapter 2: Simon's Calling

January 5, 2014, 07:30, POV: Author

As the boys and Paul hastily make their way to the police station, Harry's mind wanders back to the black-clothed figure that followed them. To the black van that sped off, seemingly not worrying about going way over the speed limit.

"Do you think he's okay?" Niall worries, his voice cracking.

Liam quickly reaches over to comfort him, pulling Niall's face into his neck to calm him.

Paul's phone ringing breaks the uncomfortable, anxious silence.

"It's Simon."

He puts the phone on speaker so we can all hear what Simon has to say.

"Hello Paul, and hello boys as I'm sure I'm on speaker," he starts.

Harry nearly finds it in himself to let out a small, sarcastic chuckle, but then the unknown reality of what Simon is about to say stops him.

"Louis has just been to see me," the boys snap their heads to the front of the car, wondering what Louis had to say to Simon, "We had another one of our meetings..."

Louis had been seeing Simon for "meetings" regarding his voice lessons, at least that's what he told the boys. Apparently, our voice coach was there as well, but the boys had been questioning if they were really voice lessons as Louis always returned with a tear-stained face.

"And what did he say? Where is he? Is he okay?" Zayn rambles on, breaking his tearful silence.

"Lads, I don't know how to break the news to you, but I suppose I'll just say it." Simon's voice almost sounds sinister, which makes it hard to believe what he says next, "Louis had decided to leave the band. He's already on a flight to god knows where, he wouldn't tell me. I'm sorry boys, but you'll have to continue the tour as a boy band with four members now."

With that, the phone disconnects and the boys are left speechless.

Niall and Zayn start sobbing, you can hear the pain held within their sobs, a heart-wrenching sound as Liam and Harry move to comfort them, their painful tears streaming silently down their faces.

"W-why didn't he come to us f-first? Did we d-do something that made him w-want to- w-want to leave?" Niall questions, but nobody answers his wonders, nobody has the answer, and nobody wants to believe the situation they've been put into.

———————————————————

The boys lay on Liam's bed, back at the hotel, the TV playing in front of them. The news agencies somehow got ahold of the story. Every channel is sharing the same information:

"Louis Tomlinson has gone missing."

"Louis Tomlinson has been reported missing by his family."

"What will happen to One Direction without Louis Tomlinson?"

However, it seems that no one knows the truth: that Louis left the band, with no warning.

Louis won't respond to any of their calls. They've spammed his phone with messages mainly saying,

"Why would you do this to us?"

"Why didn't you tell us?"

And finally,

"Please just respond to tell us your okay, we're really worried."

"What are we going to do about our relationship? Now that Louis' gone?" Zayn asks the question they've all been dreading.

"I don't want to break up with you boys." Niall admits, the rest of the boys following in agreement.

"So we stay together then?"

"Always"