The challenge

I walked towards her with a smirk and casually said, "Hi Anshika

I walked towards her with a smirk and casually said, "Hi Anshika."

"Hey, Rishi," she replied nonchalantly. There was a stiffness in her posture that betrayed the calmness she was trying so hard to maintain.

"Welcome back to India," I added, flashing her a friendly smile. Her eyes widened slightly. My unexpected friendliness had caught her off guard. I tightly closed my lips, suppressing the urge to let a grin spread across my face.

"BTW, when are you going back?" I asked, unable to resist needling her further. The reaction was immediate, "None of your business," she snapped, her words dripping with venom as her eyes bore into mine with a piercing intensity.

I wanted to annoy her further, but then my mom's chastising voice stopped me. "Shut up, Rishi," she reprimanded. She stared at me. I know she is disappointed with me, but I can't help it. The thrill of getting under this chimp's skin was too enticing to resist.

She intertwined her arm with my mother's, leaning her head on her shoulder. "Why did you bring him, Aunty? He always manages to annoy me and ruin my mood," she complained.

"Look at the little girl complaining. Mommy taught you better, princess," I taunted.

"Get lost, asshole," she scowled.

"Rishi, ENOUGH," came Dad's reprimanding voice. Anshika's smirk only widened at my father's intervention. Ignoring her smug expression, I made my way to the recliner couch, positioned parallel to where my parents were seated. As I sank into the comfy cushions, I could feel Dad's disapproving gaze upon me."

"Rishi Bhaiya, what about the interview?" Tripti perched on the armrest of the sofa where I was seated. "My friend has been pestering me to arrange a meeting with you."

"Tripti, don't trouble Rishi," Dharam Uncle chided. "You know he doesn't like giving interviews."

She frowned, giving me a disappointed look. 'Ask her to send an email,' I informed her. 'My assistant, Palki, will get back to her based on my schedule." I further added. Tripti loves me dearly and always takes my side, unlike my sister, who prioritises her best friend over her brother. I can't say no to her, and she knows it and uses it to her full advantage.

"Thank you, Bhaiya. You're the best. I owe you one," she chirped cheerfully.

"You always agree to whatever she asks for, but when I ask for something, you come up with 101 excuses." Reva frowned.

"It seems like someone's feeling jealous," Tripti smirked.

"Ignore the unwanted Reva. Come, let's go to my room. I'll show you the things I bought for you from the US," Anshika suggested, leading the way as my sister went along. It was a matter of minutes before Neel and Tripti followed behind. Meanwhile, I engaged in discussions with my father and Dharam Uncle regarding the new deal we had cracked.