35 - Ah! Love

•Serenity HQ•

Mingyu was at it again.

Wonwoo thought that after their last confrontation, things would gradually be fixed between them but it didn't happen. Mingyu wasn't exactly acting bad, you couldn't pinpoint it.

He was talking sweetly, answering everything, taking care as usual but he wasn't initiating anything like he used to do.

As decided, Mingyu had talked to Hoshi. But was Hoshi doing any better? He was probably more fucked up than him. Although Hoshi didn't tell anything to Mingyu but he listened to the younger's concerns and asked him to at least try before it was too late.

But Mingyu wasn't confident in this case. He didn't want to lose his friendship at any cost.

It was when Mingyu's phone ringed. Since he was busy working, he put it on speaker after asking Wonwoo if it was fine with him.

"Yeah Jihyo! Hey!" Mingyu greeted.

"I'm upset."

"What? Suddenly?"

"Not suddenly. Nowadays, Mr. Choi comes with Jeonghan during his therapy sessions. And honestly, it's admirable. But what does that mean? We can't be friends anymore?"

"Why would you say that?"

"See me as soon as possible. Bye." Jihyo hung up the call.

Mingyu laughed a bit after which he focused on work, unaware of the fire he had just ignited.

Wonwoo felt something in his chest. Would he ever be able to talk to Mingyu with this much authority? He would have thought about it previously but the current situation was much far away from it.

"We'll finish the sector 11 today, right?" Wonwoo asked.

"It will require us to work overtime." Mingyu stated, "And I think I'm busy this evening."

"Oh right, your date." Wonwoo nodded, "Nevermind."

"What date?" Mingyu frowned, "Hyung, it's not a date. We're casually catching up."

"You don't need to lie to me, Mingyu." Wonwoo focused on his screen.

"Why would I lie?" Mingyu felt hurt, "I'm not dating her, I've already told you. Stop joining our names together, we're just friends."

"Why are you so upset?" Wonwoo turned towards him, "It was all okay when everyone used to tease us so what's wrong now?"

Mingyu stayed silent. It was okay because he liked it. But wasn't Wonwoo the one who discarded it all? Then why was he so pressed now?

"You're being ridiculous." Mingyu muttered as he looked away.

"And you're doing great by avoiding me at all costs for no reason." Wonwoo stood up to leave the cabin.

Mingyu held his arm, "I already told you last time that there's nothing like that."

"Do you know what Mingyu?" Wonwoo stared at him, "The last time you said that was four days ago. And since then, you didn't talk to me properly for even five minutes. It says a lot."

"Why are you blaming me? You could've talked as well?" Mingyu pulled the older closer to himself.

"I didn't?" Wonwoo chuckled bitterly as he yanked the younger's arm, "Remember when you were going to cook noodles for yourself when I came and asked to help you and suddenly you lost your appetite? You were playing games with Seokmin and I asked you to go for a walk but you were suddenly sleepy?