37 - Bittersweet

•Serenity Mansion•

"Hyung, are you going somewhere?" Mingyu halted Hoshi who was shutting his room's door.

"No?" Hoshi nodded, "What happened?"

"Can you spare me a moment?" Mingyu asked in concern.

"Yeah sure." Hoshi nodded.

"Call Wonwoo hyung and ask him where is he? Don't tell him that I asked, make some solid excuse." Mingyu stated.

"Why? What's wrong?" Hoshi frowned.

"He was upset at me, you know, I told you." Mingyu sighed, "He went out alone but the weather is worsening and he isn't picking up my calls. You call him and say that Jeonghan hyung was asking about him that's why Mingyu was calling too."

"Okay I'll try." Hoshi nodded as he made the call which was picked up, "Hello? Wonwoo? Where are you?

"What happened?"

"Jeonghan hyung was asking about you. Mingyu was calling too but you didn't pick up."

"Uh yeah I just saw. Is it something urgent? I'm here walking around this sea shore where we always go."

"Oh okay, it's not urgent don't worry. Take care!"

"Yeah."

Hoshi hung up the call and looked at Mingyu.

"I'm going." Mingyu immediately turned around to leave.

"Mingyu." Hoshi called him, "You're going behind him so I'm not just suggesting, I'm requesting you to confess your love to him. Trust me, you'll regret it a lot if it will be too late to go back."

"He won't say yes." Mingyu looked down, "Our friendship will shatter because of it."

Hoshi held his shoulders, "Your friendship isn't doing any better right now either. I'm telling you Mingyu, once this time will pass, you'll blame yourself everyday for not saying your feelings on the right time. You'll not be able to look at yourself. It will hurt a lot more later on."

'Don't do the mistake which I did.' Hoshi thought to himself.

"I'll try." Mingyu nodded as he rushed out.

Soon enough, he reached the sea shore under the loud echoes of lightening. He searched for Wonwoo for a while after which he saw him sitting on a bench, alone.

Mingyu sighed in relief after which he went to the older, "Hyung."

Wonwoo looked up, "Mingyu? What are you doing here?"

"The weather is worsening, come back home." Mingyu insisted, "I was worried."

"Why were you worried?" Wonwoo stood up, "You don't need to."

I get close, it goes farther
Sorry, I can't get closer
I'm sorry I'm like this

"Hyung please, I've already told you that there's nothing wrong between us." Mingyu tried to explain.

"Lying again. How much you are going to lie Mingyu?" Wonwoo muttered, "I'm so tired of it now. What have I done wrong? Just tell me? Or else, go away."

"Hyung-"

"Don't give me excuses. I won't force you. If you don't want to tell me, then don't." Wonwoo nodded, "I'm giving you the space you want. In return, give me some space too."

It was when raindrops started to fall and gradually, the rain increased its intensity along with the lightening.

"It's raining, let's go back, you'll get sick." Mingyu insisted.