𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

When I got home, I caught up with Oceane who was preparing our dinner in the dining room, she heard me closing the door so I got her attention.  She approached me with a smile on her face and seemed to be excited.

"Hi, you're here. I was just getting ready for dinner because I have a surprise for you–"

"Why weren't you the one who delivered my lunch earlier?"  I spoke immediately and blunt her.

I hush, "You know I was expecting you to come?"

"Because the manager of the pastry shop I'm applying to, called me. . ."

"Pastry?"  I stun, I acted like I heard wrong.

"Cedric," she grabbed my arm,

But I refuse her to touch me, "Didn't we already talk? Why did you apply?"

I went straight to the living room and put my coat on the couch.

I took a deep breath to control myself before I spoke to her thoroughly.

"Cedric, my womb is not too big yet. I can take care of myself and our baby as well," she explained.

I address her, "So, what happened to our plan before? Have you forgotten? While you are pregnant, let me provide first. . ."

"And I'm just here at home? I'll stay all day? I'll take care of my husband before he goes to work. I'll prepare dinner when her get home. Is that right?"  she spoke with a hushed tone.

"Oh god. Please," I sighed, "Oceane, why don't you understand what your doctor told you? The baby's grip is delicate. Your pregnancy is sensitive."  I'm still holding my temper and keep talking to her calmly.

"Cedric. Please understand me, even for now. . ."

"I understand and I know. That's why I work so I can provide for all your needs. After you give birth you can do whatever you want."  I beg you earnestly, as much as possible I don't want to raise my voice,