𝐃𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐁𝐚𝐝

⭒๋⭑

Yah it's my birthday. And I'm bringing DRAMA ( or the beginning of it)

I loved your hostile takeovers

Encounters closer and closer

All your indecent exposures

How dare you say that it's -

I'll build you a fort on some planet

Where they can all understand it

How dare you think it's romantic

Leaving me safe and stranded?

'Cause fuck it, I was in love'

So fuck you if I can't have us

Down Bad ─ Taylor Swift

⭒๋⭑

─────▕⃝⃤─────

The afternoon following our jaunt to the ice cream parlour descended into utter chaos. Narcissa seemed perilously close to kidnapping her own son to prevent his departure. Only when Draco pledged, with a gravity beyond his years, that they would reunite the following afternoon did she release her grip.

"I'll look after him, Mrs. Black. Aunt Teddy keeps the night light on. There won't be any bother with bogeymen or the like," Harry assured her, his grin as broad as the one he reserves for making me smile too.

Before parting, Alice and I vowed to exchange letters. Our pact was clear: should the dispatches cease, one of us would surely have perished or been abducted.

Throughout our walk, I mulled over the possibility of madness. I trudged around the corner accompanied by a chattering young witch, three noisy children, an irate cat, and three hooting owls, drawing bewildered glances from passersby unsure if we were a family or a circus troupe.

At Grimmauld Place, Sirius was ecstatic to meet Draco, but the most infectious joy, without a shadow of a doubt, belonged to Andromeda. "Have they arrived? Where's my nephew?" she burst through the kitchen door just as I stomped my boots clean to avoid sullying the carpet.

Harry scowled in offence when his raised hand was ignored, while Nymphadora couldn’t mask her look of indignation. "I'm your daughter, for heaven's sake."

All Hermione did was watch, her cheeks aflame. I bit my lip to stifle a loud laugh at Draco’s deepening blush under the spotlight.

The remainder of the afternoon saw Andromeda frolicking with the children in front of the fireplace. They played chess, engaged in charades, and chased each other around the manor, with Harry's favourite game of hide-and-seek topping the list.

"Aunt Teddy, have you seen Aunt Andromeda?" Harry whispered conspiratorially as he passed by the kitchen where I was busy extracting Andromeda’s carrot cake from the oven, earning irritated looks from the house elves.

Crumble was busy preparing the chocolate sauce, while Rusty sorted mugs for hot chocolate and marshmallows. They always take offence when I offer to help. They tolerate Andromeda’s kitchen presence out of sheer terror—I can't blame them; she can be rather formidable.