• Part Twenty Six •

Sunghoon bowed to the witch

Y/n turned her head to Yeonjun and slightly tilted her head.

"What do you mean?" She whispered as a single tear ran down her cheek.

Will she even believe me?? Probably not.

"I saw it in my dream, just before it actually happened." Yeonjun whispered.

"What are you talking about?"

"I mean, just before this all happened, I dreamt of Sunghoon and the witch who cursed me, kill the king." He explained flatly.

"But Yeonjun, that cannot be. It's just a coincidence. My father isn't even dead.."

Not yet..

Yeonjun nodded to show she was right. But inside, he believed it was too strange.

All of a sudden, the kings eyes peeked open and he placed his hand on Y/n's cheek.

"Y/n." His voice was weak.

"Hm?"

"Please Y/n, check the drawer on the left of my dresser.. I have something there for you. I- I know you should hate me.. But." He cleared his throat and spoke weakly. "But please do not follow in my footsteps."

The king hated Y/n ever since the death of his wife. Y/n reminded him of her too much. But at this moment, his last moment, he realized how he should have been a better father when he could.

"Y/n, become queen.. A- and don't marry a man whom you do not love.."

Yeonjun didn't quite understand this.

Whom she doesn't love? Why would he say that?

Yeonjun knew Y/n loves Sunghoon. She said it herself.

Though Y/n never had a good relationship with her father, she suddenly got choked up. Even this was surprising her.

"Father.. I-" she tried to speak but couldn't think straight seeing his eyes shut and his hand that was once on her cheek, fall back down to his side. "Father wait! No! I can't be queen!"

Her eyes filled with tears.

Yeonjun gently stroked her long hair to comfort her. Though she didn't really notice.

The nurses quickly crouched at the other side of the bed and checked his breath.

They looked and each other and sighed sadly. Both Y/n and Yeonjun knew the king was now dead..

Y/n covered her face and cried silently.

The recent days were just too complicated and confusing. Whenever she thought it couldn't get any worse, it ended getting much worse.