• Part Eighteen •

Y/n pov

Y/n pov. A few minutes earlier.

I had rushed to the nurses office in the castle, so I can retrieve some more medicine for my fox's tail.

"Princess Y/n! How can I help you, deary?" The nurse had asked, with a friendly smile afterward.

"I, uhm.."

How can I get the medicine without telling her I have a injured fox in my bedroom? Foxes are a sign of death in this kingdom and is highly forbidden.

"I just came to see how you are doing!" I put my hands behind my back and walked in front of the shelf that had the right medicine on it.

"Oh! How sweet of you!" She grinned happily. "I am doing just fine! How about you?"

"I'm all right. Just bored." As I spoke, I grabbed the small medicine bottle from the shelf that was behind me.

It was small enough to fit in my hands without anyone noticing.

"Oh by the way," her voice got slightly quieter. "I heard about the engagement. You and prince Sunghoon are marrying soon? I am so happy for you both! Congratulations." She gently clapped her hands and grinned.

Soon? How soon does my father want us to marry?

"Oh.. Well thank you." I said with a fake smile afterward. "I should go see my.. Uhm, fiance now I suppose." I lied. I didn't want to see Sunghoon now, but I must have an excuse for leaving.

"All right! Tell Sunghoon I said hello!" She began cleaning up her desk after she spoke.

"Of course." With that, I left while hiding the medicine in my hands.

I should get my fox some breakfast too. I am also a bit hungry.

I put the medicine bottle in my pocket, and headed towards the kitchen..

Everything seemed unusual today.

All the maids were cleaning and redecorating.

I stopped beside one of the maids who was rearranging a large pot with a small tree in it.

"Uhm, what is everyone doing??"

"Oh, you don't know?" She turned around to face me.

Don't know what?

"No?"

"Well, it's your wedding soon. We are preparing, because the king had ordered so." She explained as if I am strange for not knowing.

"Oh.. W- when is the wedding supposed to take place?"

"Tomorrow, I believe?"

WHAT?! Somebody is going to die today.