Chapter 38: Kurumi Versus Kirito

Start from the beginning

"Why make things harder for yourself, my dear Knight?" she taunted, her voice dripping with amusement as she watched Kirito dodge and weave through the onslaught of bullets.

His movements were swift and fluid as he danced between the projectiles, his sword becoming an extension of his will as he deflected some of the bullets with precise strikes.

"I've already made things harder for myself," Kirito retorted, his voice steady despite the chaos around him.

Kirito looked at Kurumi with a smirk, determination burning in his eyes. "I guess it's better to lose while giving your best than doing nothing at all," he declared confidently.

With a swift motion, he rushed towards Kurumi, his sword flashing as he deftly blocked the bullets raining down upon him.

"Fair enough," Kurumi responded with a grin as she watched Kirito's advance.

Suddenly, Kurumi appeared right behind Kirito, her pistol pointed at him as she grinned mischievously. "Bet," she whispered, her voice echoing in the chaos of the moment.

As Kurumi fired her pistol, Kirito gritted his teeth, expecting the impact of the bullet. "Damn it," he cursed under his breath, bracing for the pain.

However, to his surprise, he felt no wound. Confusion clouded his thoughts for a moment before realization dawned upon him. "One of her abilities," he muttered to himself, his mind racing as he processed the revelation.

Before he could react, Kurumi appeared in front of him, her pistol aimed at his forehead. Kirito's muscles tensed as he instinctively raised his sword to strike, but Kurumi effortlessly evaded his attack with a graceful step to the side.

"How unchivalrous of you," Kurumi teased.

"Whoa, she's too fast!" Kirito exclaimed as he narrowly avoided Kurumi's bullets once again. But before he could launch another attack, he stopped abruptly, holding up a hand. "Wait."

He focused on both of his hands, feeling the energy coursing through him. "You slowed me down with your bullet this time," he realized, his eyes narrowing in determination.

As Kurumi fired more bullets at him, Kirito released more of his magic, channelling it to enhance his agility and speed. His movements became even swifter as he dodged and weaved through the barrage of bullets, matching Kurumi's pace with precision.

Kirito shifted into a defensive stance, his focus solely on blocking Kurumi's relentless barrage of bullets.

Gritting his teeth, Kirito glanced at his sword, a flicker of determination igniting in his eyes. "Even if she can predict my moves, it's worth a shot," he muttered to himself, his grip tightening on the hilt.

As he prepared to make his move, Kurumi's voice cut through the chaos. "Futile," she declared with a smirk, her eyes gleaming with confidence.

Undeterred, Kirito channelled a large amount of magic into his sword, causing it to crackle with energy. His gaze locked onto Kurumi as he focused his intent.

"In games, we test new moves on weak opponents," Kirito said, his voice steady despite the adrenaline coursing through his veins. "But we refine them in boss battles."

With a swift motion, Kirito built momentum and hurled his crackling sword towards Kurumi. "Let's see how you handle this," he challenged, his voice tinged with determination.

As Kirito's crackling sword hurtled towards Kurumi, its magical energy surged to its limits, unable to contain the immense power channelled into it. With a deafening explosion, the sword detonated mid-air, sending shockwaves rippling through the battlefield.