Navigating New Territory

Start from the beginning

Kim rubbed her shoulder gently, "I can imagine. Must be tough juggling everything, especially with the twins. You've definitely got your hands full." Kim chuckles sympathetically. "You should know that we're all so proud of you though, you're only young, and you've already done so much. I have no doubt that you'll find your rhythm soon enough. You're a natural on the pitch, and with a bit of time, everything else will fall into place."

Liv smiled slightly, and said gratefully, "Thanks Kimmy. It's definitely pretty tough right now. Some days it feels like I'm running on fumes, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I sometimes feel like I just need a couple extra hands."

Kim chuckled, "You're doing an amazing job, Liv. It's not easy, but you're handling it with grace."

"Thanks, Kim. Means a lot coming from you." Liv responded, slightly more at ease.

After their recovery session, everyone got changed and headed to lunch. Eva and Liv sat together with Kyra, Lotte and Alessia, talking about the match and the plan for the rest of the day. After a little while, Eva and Liv had both finished their lunch, so they headed down to the chill room until they had to go to the meeting room for video review.

Eva and Liv sat down on one of the sofas and they turned on the TV watching the men's game that was on. After a couple of minutes, Eva noticed Liv bouncing her leg. She reached over, gently placing her hand on her thigh. "Liv, are you okay? You seem a bit nervous." She whispered gently, a little concern creeping into her tone.

"Yeah, just a bit worried about the video review. I don't even really know why, I remember most of the game, and I've done this hundreds of times." Liv said back, her voice breaking slightly, as if she was about to cry. Her breathing began to speed up, and she looked at Eva helplessly.

Eva squeezed her thigh gently, rubbing her thumb in small circles as she turned to face her. "Hey, hey, hey" Eva said quietly, "There's no need to worry. I promise. Just take some deep breaths with me."

They took some deep breaths together, looking into each other's eyes, as Olivia went to grab Eva's other hand. Eva just squeezed her hand gently and continued rubbing gentle, small circles on her thigh. After a couple of breaths, Olivia began to calm down.

"There you go, I've got you." Eva said gently. "Keep taking those deep breaths, do you want me to go and get Beth for you?"

"Could you text her? I need you to stay with me." Liv responded carefully, she leaned into Eva, resting her head on her shoulder.

"Of course." Eva said, tenderly kissing the top of Liv's head.

___________

To Beffy: hey beth, could you come to the chill room? liv needs you.

From Beffy: yeah of course. did something happen?

To Beffy: i think she had a bit of a panic attack, nothing major. she's alright now, just needs her beffy.

From Beffy: i'm on my way, be there in 2 mins tops.

__________

Knowing Liv had read all the texts, Eva squeezed her thigh again. "She's on the way, and I'll stay right here until then."

Liv didn't respond, she simply nodded her head against Eva's shoulder. Eva pulled her into an embrace, leaning back against the couch again. After a second, Eva turned a bit, gazing into Liv's eyes, "You know, I'm always here for you, right? We're in this together."

Olivia didn't respond immediately, her breaths still coming in shaky gasps as she leaned against Eva. Her mind was swirling, though Eva's words cut through the fog, drawing her attention. She turned her gaze to meet Eva's, finding warmth and understanding in her eyes.