𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶-𝔰𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫

That night, Feyre and I were sitting together in the sitting room when Mor joined us. She breezed into the room, sitting in the chair across from us as she nursed her glass of wine.

I rarely saw her without a glass. It reminded me a lot of my mother, who spent her days numbed by wine. Always just a bit drunk to keep herself from facing the reality of who her mate was. Unfortunately, my siblings and I didn't have the luxury of escaping that reality.

"Rhys says you don't like the flying," Mor teased me as she sipped her glass.

In fact, I had nearly been in tears when we touched down onto the balcony of the House of Wind.

"I'm getting used to it," I shrugged. "I'm still getting used to the wings in general. They're just so--"

"Big?" she cut me off with a smirk. I nodded. "You know, they say wing size says a lot about the size of their other parts."

Feyre laughed, but I just furrowed my brows, not sure what she meant. Mor glanced at me, raising a brow when she noticed my confused expression.

"Oh, you're delightfully innocent," Mor grinned. "We'll have to change that."

"Mary, other parts," Feyre insisted, smirking. I stared at her for a second until the realization hit me.

"Gross," I commented, grousing.

"How have you lived so long without learning these things?" Mor asked me, seeming genuinely curious.

"I--" I sighed. "I don't know. No one spoke of those things around me."

"Didn't you read about it?" she pressed, her red lips curled into a teasing smile.

"I wasn't allowed to read things like that," I explained.

"So you've just done whatever you were told for five centuries?" she questioned.

"If a female isn't obedient, then what's her purpose?" I repeated the words my family had drilled into me. Feyre rolled her eyes, and Morrigan laughed out loud.

"Oh, honey," Mor chuckled. "I was raised to think the same thing. But trust me, once you learn to think for yourself, things get much better."

"I do think for myself," I disputed.

She and Feyre exchanged a glance that left me feeling self conscious. Feyre was supposed to be on my side. I turned to Feyre, nudging her. She gave me an apologetic look.

"So, you're telling me you've lived this long, and haven't gotten laid?" Mor goaded. I flushed deep red, my eyes going wide.

"That's not an appropriate thing to discuss," I fussed. Feyre laughed, her arm wrapping around me. "I wasn't allowed to leave the manor. I never had a chance to . . . do those things."

"Not even Lucien?" Feyre joked.

"Gross, he's like a brother to me," I said, shaking my head.

"So, you've never had any feelings for anyone?" Mor wondered.

I blushed again, thinking of the girl beside me. I had a crush on Rhys when I was a teenager, but my feelings for Feyre were different and confusing.

"Can we stop talking about this?" I pleaded. Mor chuckled, but backed down.

"One more thing," she said. She summoned a book from thin air and handed it to me. "Read it. You'll learn a lot."

✯¸.'*¨'*✿ ✿*'¨*'.¸✯

I had devoured the book in one night. Feyre was fast asleep by the time I finished it, and I had shaken her awake.