𝙭𝙫.

𝘅𝘃. 𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱𝘀 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗱𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁
( Nabi's pov )

I wasn't quite sure whether or not to say anything as I was led through the luxurious ballroom, Hansol's arm around me. As laid back of a person I was, having him do that so nonchalantly made me kind of freak out. I didn't want him to let go, yet part of me wondered if he felt the same.

"Where are we going?" My voice was loud in order to surpass the incredible volume of the speakers taking up every inch and cranny in the building.

It was almost as if Hansol was in a trance because the moment I spoke, he immediately let go of my waist, shaking his head. Did he even mean to make physical contact like that in the first place?

"Sorry." He muttered, and despite the dim lights, I could still make out the contemplation in his gaze.

The boy suddenly turned to me, so fast that I wear I was hit by the gust of wind from his motion. "Would you wanna like, get some air?" I could tell immediately that it was not so much about me, but instead, him who needed the separation from the mounds of people. The only reason he likely invited me was to make sure I wasn't wandering alone, right?

I smiled. "Sure!" My grin was reciprocated as Hansol began walking up the stairs to our right, however not making any effort to give physical contact.

All this did was send me further down a spiral. Sure, I didn't even know what his favorite fucking color was, but some part of the way he looked at me when we spoke gave me the idea he may feel some way about me. Whether or not I felt anything for him? Not even I knew. I didn't have time for a childish crush, let alone a relationship, why the hell did I want him to like me?

We continued ascending up the stairs and upon entering the second level of the area, I noticed an archway concealed by a sheer curtain, flowing in the wind. Looking over at Hansol, a somber expression on my face, I slowly followed him toward it.

However, as we inched closer, I noticed the rope blocking the entrance, and a worker off to the side.

"Hey, I don't think we can-" My hesitance was paused as I watched Hansol show his pin to the man, immediately granting him access to the mystery room. I guess it pays off to be friends with the hosts huh?

The curtains were pulled back, immediately revealing one of the most gorgeous night skies I'd seen, practically in my entire life. Korea's pollution tended to conceal the wonders of night way too often, much to my discontent. It wasn't like I was a stargazing enthusiast, but who didn't like stopping to watch the stars every once in a while?

"Woah.." Hansol let out an airy laugh, leaning himself on the metal rail of the terrace.

"I'm glad Cheol listened." He muttered to himself, regardless, I caught it. Making my way next to him, my eyebrows furrowed.

"What do you mean?"

He rubbed his neck, refusing to make eye contact. Running his hands through his neatly styled brown hair, Hansol brought his voice a few decibels lower. "I asked Coups to block off this terrace for us. The view is the best here and I know you like stars...so." The boy seemed sort of embarrassed or shy at the end of his words however I could only focus on the gesture itself.

"Seriously!? Bro, how did you know?" I asked. There wasn't a single time I'd told him that during any of our few conversations and it puzzled me how in the hell he figured that out.

He still refused to look me in the eye, instead bringing his focus to the floor below. "I uh...noticed the paintings in your apartment and figured you liked them," Hansol explained.

Instead of going to smile at me again, all I could feel was pure confusion.

I sighed, subconsciously inching myself close to him. "You're confusing me, Sol."

Finally, the boy turned to look at me, his eyes slightly widening as if he instantly understood what I meant. However, he chose to instead feign innocence. "How so?" His voice wasn't sly nor condescending but instead calm.

I ran my fingers through the few curls falling from my bangs before turning to look at the sky. My honesty only went so far. If I looked at him while speaking, I would likely stutter and screw up my words, something I wasn't keen on doing.

"You do all this shit like paying attention to the little things like this, inviting me here in the first place, putting your fucking arm around my waist, looking at me like I'm the only girl in the world whenever I talk about something I like. Mere friends don't usually do that." I turned to look at him who was suddenly maintaining intense eye contact. His gaze couldn't pull me away.

Our bodies inched closer, yet neither Hansol nor I could stop ourselves and before we knew it, our lips had connected in a passionate kiss. My arms snaked around his shoulders and his around my waist.

Before today, I'd never seriously considered my relationship with Hansol yet now, as we continued our sweet embrace, I wondered whether it was true that I wanted something more, not just a clarification on his part.