𝙫.

𝘃. 𝘆𝗼𝘂'𝗿𝗲 𝘀𝗼 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁

Hansol was troubled.

He hadn't acted ill-mannered per se but when it came to interacting with someone of Nabi's status, the boy felt he needed to apologize. Most people in the entertainment industry were always at major risk in terms of their image and if she had found his actions distasteful, his career could be in danger

The sound of paper being slammed on the conference room table startled Hansol and unluckily for him, with the ending of the meeting came time for him to make a choice. If he went up to her and apologized, she may think of him as pathetic but if he didn't she might think of him as stuck up.

Nabi sent a smile to all of the staff in the room who had started filing out only a few seconds ago. Grabbing her belongings she swiftly made her way through the exit, giving a few nods to others passing by.

It was now or never.

Truthfully, Nabi hated meetings with a passion. If she'd had it her way she would be working even further behind the scenes than she already was. The smile quickly faltered off her face as the fatigue of social interaction began seeping in, taking over her demeanor entirely.

Unbeknownst to Nabi, Hansol was slowly inching his way to her. Had anyone else been watching the scene they would definitely think of the boy as a stalker of some sort with the way he kept himself about 3 feet behind her.

A tap on her shoulder slightly startled the girl who had kept her eyes on the ground and her thoughts in the clouds. "Um- oh! Vernon! Do you need something?" The customer service smile was placed seamlessly back on her face as she faced the boy in front of her energetically.

Being in the industry almost his entire life, Hansol was more than used to the show that not only people in the entertainment industry put on but also business people. He could sense the masked irritation yet it seemed it was too late for him to back out.

"Uh yeah, I just wanted to like apologize for my attitude before the meeting." His hands awkwardly made their way to his pockets and a look of confusion appeared on Nabi's face.

Her eyebrow raised. "Your attitude?" She questioned and Hansol was taken aback.

He'd already thought out the conversation and her going off his script was something that momentarily made him freeze up.

"Well yeah I mean I wasn't all enthusiastic when I was directing you, my bad."

All of a sudden Nabi's laugh pierced through the awkwardness and Hansol felt relieved that she most likely wasn't frustrated with him. If he had another scandal after the dating one only a couple of months before, Coups would surely feed him to the wolves.

The laughing had lasted a bit too long for the rapper's social tolerance but luckily enough it ceased soon after.

Trying to stifle her laughter and continue speaking, Nabi cleared her throat hurriedly. "Sorry for laughing! It's totally cool don't worry about it. I get not wanting to not be all showbiz this late in the workday. Besides, you weren't even that rude at all." A smile made its way to her face and Hansol studied her genuine expression, catching him off guard. He was 100% expecting her to react much more on the extreme side especially since she was of such high influence and power. People who stood where she did tended to act much differently. Not to mention the fact that a majority of them were old men while she looked to be about his age.

The boy was puzzled, to say the least.

"Oh wow um...sorry, I just thought you would say something totally different." The two chuckled at his awkwardness as they subconsciously found themselves walking side by side.

Nabi took a sip of her almost-finished coffee. "You're so real for that you know? People in this business are usually all old and cranky so I completely see where you're coming from." Her semi-casual way of speaking was something that intrigued Hansol. She didn't have to give any energy or engage in conversation after the meeting, so why did she? Even he too was guilty of faking small talk and it confused him as to why Nabi still seemed so genuine.

The two turned the corner and found themselves walking to the lobby. "Headed home?" He asked, weirdly wanting to continue the friendly discussion. Nabi turned to look him in the eyes before adjusting her sunglasses, resting them on the bridge of her nose.

"Hm, not sure. That's a good idea though huh?" She chuckled and so did he. Hansol wasn't quite sure why he still stood in the lobby as long as he did but as he watched Nabi slowly back-walk towards the large HYBE entrance, he continued to internally ponder.

Nabi swung her bag, which had previously rested in the crook of her elbow, over her shoulder and gave the boy in front of her a smile.

"See you at the photoshoot Vernon!" Her wave was messy and friendly as she made her way through the oversized clear doors looking out to the crowded streets of Seoul. Luckily for the boy, all windows inside the prestigious buildings were tinted providing maximum security for idols without sacrificing a nice view.

He watched as she walked to the Porsche parked conveniently outside and swiftly entered it, letting it drive her away.