Chapter 5 You Can Choose to Look Away

Start from the beginning

"In the meantime,"

The doctor announced.

"I will set up the meditation area."

Fort offered to help him.

Viviali jumped one of the ATVs, he is followed by Reston.

Without a glance back, they were halfway down the only visible part of the path.

"Ha! Right before they could be asked for assistance."

Nicey thought to herself amused.

They reminded her of boys she would have befriended by the creek at the park, right across from the house she lived at during her pre-teen years.

The kind she would have delirious fun with in the whimsical self-contained world of the ravine.

But once she returned to the world of cliques, parties and middle-school, they would ignore her publicly.

Even if they did say "hi," they would likely dismiss her to their friends.

"Do you need any help?"

She offers.

Doctor Fearsome pursed his lips, shook his head no.

He was old school.

He may not have needed the aid of the two other men, he knew the chef was busy, but as potential benefices of the upcoming session... probably should have at least offered to help before fucking off into the forest.

Fort's face was tense, she could tell he was mildly annoyed.

Reston was his student once, who he now errand boys for.

Resentment.

Doctor Fearsome could sense it.

The creature in the woods feel the twisted feelings.

Nicey just suspected it.

If Fort's love for Reston could be represented visually, it would be a heart with thorns who stick it from time to time.

Restricting the heart's blood flow randomly, creating new wounds, as it opened old ones.

"Alright then, have fun boys, must be nice."

Fort's representative mutters.

Nicey pretends not to hear Fort mutter under his breath, she caught the Doctor's eyes, they share a quiet sympathetic smile.

Even though he was so difficult, she still felt bad for him.

Once the set up was complete, Fort and the doctor left in Fort's truck.

Relieved, Nicey relaxed, picking up a novel she has been desperately trying to finish for four months.

Barin reappears.

He has been in food prep mode since the early afternoon, preparing  lunch for six.

Extra hours. Extra people. Extra pay.

He was had been present for a previous session. It was cool, but for him it served no purpose, but it was not for him to judge the people his employer knew.

"Hey Barin."

Nicey breaks the silence.

Wondering, if she was imposing herself on this man who just wants to work in peace.