I saw Abigail trying to say something, but even shouting got lost under the storm.

"What?" I shouted.

"Let's go- ...way." Only bits and pieces of her speech were comprehensible even when she said them right next to me. The cool water ran down my shirt and set shivers down my spine.

She apparently gave up trying and just took a hold of my sleeve. She began to drag me up south. We passed the Old Community Center and continued up past the Carpenter's shop.

We raced up the mountain. I had to follow Abigail because she could navigate the area miles better than me. And as she had texted, Sebastian stood there under the covers waiting for us.

I hadn't been able to decide how I felt about it yet. When I had asked him to go, I had to basically drag him there, but Abby only had to ask him once. Although, I had been basically a stranger to him while he'd known Abigail for years.

I pulled the hood of the jacket over my head and took the whole thing off. Even with having the hood on for the whole time my hair was soaking wet. Abigail too had thrown the coat out and was now squeezing water off her hair.

Sebastian tried to dry his as well. The water ran down from the strands, but it didn't seem to make much of a difference. He hadn't had anything but his usual hoodie, which had absorbed itself full like the rest of our clothes.

"Whoa, they really listened." I had complained to the shady guys about the broken-down elevator, since they had proudly claimed to be experts at that sort of thing. Caves, not elevators. But maybe they had hired someone to do it, because now there was a bright light lit in the thing.

"They had seemed rather offended so they might have rigged it." I continued, while the other two still struggled to gather themselves. "But I hate the ladders more so it can't be that bad."

The elevator had buttons for every 5 levels and there must have been over 50 buttons. I pressed one and it lit up. "Whoa, we weren't even close to the bottom."

"Let's go, Quick." Abby sniffed. Already sneaking into the lift. "I've already got water in my shoes."

The thing buckled and bent under our weight but managed to let us lower underground. I still wasn't quite sure how we managed to fit in such a tiny space, and it did feel quite crowded pushed against moving walls and two other people.

Once we left the ground level the air grew cooler, and the only light source flickered and showed worsening signs of dying out. Of course they would cheap out on these kinds of things. Eventually the lift came to an end and with a loud rattle sound it let its slightly nauseous passengers out.

Sebastian had acquired a slight shade of green onto his face. And while I was still trying to hold onto my lunch, Abigail was already creating a plan.

"We seem to be safe for now, but it's too dark to be sure. Lily, watch my back while I-" A loud blast echoed back and forth through the dark cave. The sword drawn I tried to look for the threat, but there was none. Not at least any visible ones.

We had gone lower than ever before and seemed to be reaching some kind of Nethery scenery. Who knew what kind of monsters there were.

But the noise hadn't come from the front. It actually hadn't come from anything living at all. Sebastian had let go of the elevator's door and it had slammed shut. With it broke our only good light source.

"Seb, really?" Abigail whisper shouted. "Now they all know we're here!"

"Calm down! It was just a door-"